Maria's Reviews > Desire

Desire by Amanda Quick

Oct 21, 2015

bookshelves: historical-romance, jayne-ann-krentz-re-reads
Read from October 19 to 21, 2015 , read count: 7

4/23/2009: My second favorite Jayne-Ann-Krentz-writing-as-Amanda-Quick book, I enjoy reading it each year. When I got up this morning to find it snowing on Easter in St. Louis, I grabbed Desire and spent the day cozily visiting with Clare and Sir Gareth. Note that both Desire and Mystique (my two favorites) are set in earlier times than the remaining Amanda Quicks. I'm not sure why I like these better. Usually I don't care for this period in history because it is so violent and there is no appreciation for life and for children, but this book is the exception.
7/5/2013: Both Clare and Sir Gareth approach their arranged marriage with the down-to-earth practicality of the times, but both want more than a business arrangement. As they work towards a healthy, loving relationship, they both must adjust. This is life in any era and I love the way JAK brings her characters to life and love and compromise without jeopardizing the courage of their convictions. Lovely book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desire.

06/24/2013 marked as: currently-reading
07/06/2013 marked as: read
10/15/2015 marked as: currently-reading
10/21/2015 marked as: read

Adrianna Desire is my favorite Amanda Quick book and Mystique is my second favorite of her books. She is such a fabulous romance author. I wish she would write more during this time period.

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna MYSTIQUE and WITH THIS RING are my favorite of Quick's historicals. And agree wishing she would write more of them in the time period MYSTIQUE takes place. Her latest ones with the Arcane Society - historical and contempoary - are a favorite as well.

Adrianna Yeah, she's doing a fabulous job with the Arcane Society books.

message 4: by Melané (new)

Melané Fahner-botha What a lovely review. I just discovered this JAK which has or some really weird reason escaped my notice and halfway through the 1st chapter I am chortling like a dust bunny.