Ana's Reviews > Eona: The Last Dragoneye

Eona by Alison Goodman

Feb 26, 14

Warning: Mixed review of both books, with spoilers that you most definitely not be able to make sense of.

So, the first book, Eon, was a little sketchy. There was a bunch of times where I was like ummmmm..... ehhhhhh... I'll buy that.... maybe.... I guess.... In that book, I hated prince Kygo. And Ido. They were both BIIIIIIIG meanie butts. True story.
In this book, I thought Eona would end up with her master, Kygo, or Dillon. But, one of them dies, the other goes crazy, and one (in the 2nd book, towards the end) is like, "Hell yes Eona and (insert name or mr. sexy-awesome-half-douche-bag man here) for the win!!!!!!!!!!!"
Throughout both books, I felt REALLY bad for Ryko.
Dela was... eh. She was awesome, and then she was not. And then she was eh. I like girl Dela more than guy Dela. Guy Dela's pathetic.
I disliked Eona's mom. I mean, really?
Chart was a cool dude in the first book. But then, in the end of the 2nd book, it was like YOU BUTT! AFTER ALL SHE DID FOR YOU?!?!?! Needless to say, I was a bit angered.
I TOTALLY hated Yuso from the beginning of when he showed up in the 2nd book. Screw him. He doesn't deserve any favors.
Ido was all hate first book, but then at the VERY end I was like "... You still suck, but I KIND OF pity you." Then, the 2nd book was a whirl wind! I was like ... at first, then he was saved and I was like, "grrrr" and then I was like, "Ha! Suck it!" And then, I was like "... hmm...." And then I kinda liked him...
I kind of disliked Kygo, because he was REALLY rude...
I lied. It was more of a steadily growing hate, not really a dislike.
Ryko was quite rude, too. He was a real ass. But I still felt bad.
But! Back to Ido. At the end, it was like, "I feel bad... I hate him... I like him... I hate him passionately." All in the span of approximately 5 pages. It was intense.
Here are some thoughts sent to my friend via Skype on the subject:
[11/28/11 7:30:54 PM] Ana: omg!!!!!!! just finished!!!!!!!!!!
[11/28/11 7:31:01 PM] Ana: i kinda thought she'd choose ido
[11/28/11 7:31:11 PM] Ana: nd then she chose kygo
[11/28/11 7:31:16 PM] Ana: nd ido "killed" him nd i was like :O HOLY SHIT! and then in my head the author wsa like awww yaaaaaa! wat now bitches nd i was just like :O HOLY SHIT!
[11/28/11 7:32:16 PM] Ana: nd then he lived nd i was like :O HOLY SHIT!
Yeah. Good stuff. As you can see, I'm fairly bad at reviewing things. I apologize. So, that's my review. I know that it's kind of hard to decipher, so if you have any questions, ask in the comments :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eona.

Quotes Ana Liked

Alison Goodman
“I have never heard a lady say 'arse,'" the emperor said mildly.
"I haven't been a lady for long," I reminded him. A little demon–made of exhaustion and the emperors smile– pushed me into adding,"For five years I've been saying 'arse.' It's hard to stop saying 'arse' after that many years. I suppose I should stop saying 'arse,' since ladies don't say-"
"'Arse'," he finished for me.
I met his grin.”
Alison Goodman, Eona: The Last Dragoneye

Alison Goodman
“There was a saying that the strength of a man’s steel was only known under the hammer of circumstance. If anyone had asked me a few hours ago, I would have said that nearly five years of boyhood had hammered me into constant fear and excessive caution. But now I realised it had done the opposite. It had shaped me into someone who stepped forwards and reached for what she wanted. It was too late for me to tuck my hands behind my back and wait like a good woman.”
Alison Goodman, Eona: The Last Dragoneye

dateDown_arrow    newest »

gauthichdocsach oh! You rock, girl. Love your review ;)

message 2: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Diemmi147 wrote: "oh! You rock, girl. Love your review ;)"

lol, thanks :D I hate reviews that are just a huge-ass summary and then a quick little "this book was really good, I highly recommend it!" I'm always like, what did you like? If you highly recommend it, why did you give it only four stars? What about the characters? I get it, Susie has a very interesting life story and she loves Bob, but what is her personality like? So, I tend to have that in my reviews. I break it down and tell you exactly what I like about who, and how I feel about major plot points. It never really makes sense, but hey, at least it's entertaining, right? :D