Sherry's Reviews > The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game

The Blind Side by Michael Lewis

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: biography
Read in July, 2011

The biography of Michael Oher. In between TMI about the history of football or the NFL and Michael's ascent to football stardom I overall enjoyed this book. At times I felt that the author gave more information about Lawrence Taylor and other players than on the key character. The football stats were boring! I don't really watch football (except for the Superbowl), so I realize that I am behind the curve a little but I will be watching any game Michael is playing in because I really like the man he grew to be despite horrible odds growing up under the conditions he did in Memphis.

I can't recommend this book be used in middle school simply because there are too many F words, but I completely see how middle school boys would be tuned into this read. This is a shining example as to the power of the human spirit--not just Michael, but the Tuohy family as well. A great reminder to us all about the importance of nurturing talents that God blesses us with and to remember that we don't need to be "fixed" to be successful.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blind Side.