Annabel ♥'s Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Dec 15, 2011

bookshelves: to-read, adore, i-cried-or-almost-cried, writer-is-amazingg, no-shit-heroines, review, five-stars

The Hunger Games. One of the most epic books ever. Unforgettable, amazing, mind-boggling, simply incredible. All 3 of the books were just amazing. Everytime someone mentions the Hunger games I freak out that's how much I love it <3 <3 <3

The film was incredible. Jennifer Lawrence was such an amazing portrayal of Katniss, omg, and Josh Hutcherson marry me please!!?!?! GAHH. So amazing!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Quotes Annabel ♥ Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when it's morning again, they'll wash away
Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.”
Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.
“I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.”

Suzanne Collins
“It crosses my mind that Cinna's calm and normal demeanor masks a complete madman.”

Suzanne Collins
“I'm coming back into focus when Caesar asks him if he has a girlfriend back home. Peeta hesitates, then gives an unconvincing shake of his head.

Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?" says Caesar.

Peeta sighs. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping."

Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.

She have another fellow?" asks Caesar.

I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her," says Peeta.

So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar encouragingly.

I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning...won’t help in my case," says Peeta.

Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified.

Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because...because...she came here with me.”

Suzanne Collins
“You’ve got about as much charm as a dead slug.”

Suzanne Collins
“Destroying things is much easier than making them.”

Suzanne Collins
“I want to do something, right here, right now, to shame them, to make them accountable, to show the Capitol that whatever they do or force us to do there is a part of every tribute they can't own. That Rue was more than a piece in their Games. And so am I.”

Suzanne Collins
“There's no point in comforting words, in telling her she'll be all right. She's no fool. Her hand reaches out and I clutch it like a lifeline. As if it's me who's dying instead of Rue.”

Suzanne Collins
“I'm very hard to catch," says Rue. "And if they can't catch me, they can't kill me. So don't count me out.”