Sirpa Grierson's Reviews > Possession

Possession by A.S. Byatt

May 21, 08

bookshelves: modern-european-fic
Read in February, 2002

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Possession.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeana (new) - added it

Jeana Rock I'm creating a list of contemporary British fiction for my seniors. These are book groups, so content is not as much of an issue. Would you recommend this one? What others would you recommend?

Sirpa Grierson I read it long enough ago that I can't recall if there were any possibly controversial parts in the book (PG13 scenes).It is such an interesting text as it has poetry, prose, journal entries and more interwoven into the story of two scholars trying to track down two Romantic era poets. I very much enjoyed the book and there is a movie adaptation; I think it starred Gwyneth Paltrow.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi I read this book for a class in college. I also enjoyed it, and I think it would be fine on a list of contemporary British fiction for seniors in high school. However, if I remember correctly, there was an extramarital affair as well as a lesbian couple in it, so. . . if that's not your cup of tea. . . you know. "Content."

Sirpa Grierson Heidi wrote: "I read this book for a class in college. I also enjoyed it, and I think it would be fine on a list of contemporary British fiction for seniors in high school. However, if I remember correctly, ther..."

Thanks, Heidi!