Calisto's Reviews > Game for Anything

Game for Anything by Bella Andre

Julie and Ty hooked up for one AMAZING night in high school but the morning after turned into a disaster. Ten years later, Ty is a Super Bowl bad boy hero and Julie is the image consultant hired to set him on a 'good boy' path.

Now, I think Bella Andre is a good writer. I like football and I like smut. So this should have been a perfect match. Unfortunately, Julie, who is supposed to be a professional 28 yo woman but acts like a hormonal immature twit with an extra dose of shrill. And really the reason her 'heart was broken' the morning after is all sorts of lame. So is her being hung up on 'the best night of her sexual life' being her FIRST TIME in HIGH SCHOOL TEN YEARS AGO. I just kept thinking...Sweetie, you ain't doing it right. As for Julie 'growing up' facing her parents and 'finding her own footing in life'...eh, I was mostly WTF?! She's getting a spine now? Did her fairy godmother just show up and give it to her when I wasn't looking? So yeah, I was never able to connect with Julie the Immature Shrill.

That leaves us with the bad boy hero with the heart of gold, Ty, well, he wasn't that great either. I thought he was immature as well. He sounded like a great roll in the hay but not someone to take home to Momma. Yes, he has some endearing qualities but his smart-assery just comes off as assholery.

Why is it so hard to find a solid, entertaining football romance? I want some football with my smex. Is that too much to ask? (I've read the first SEP and yeah, I'm still looking for a good football smut. Let me know if you know of any.)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Game for Anything.