Ceej's Reviews > Vision in White

3861945
Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read on July 10, 2011

I am always hit or miss with Nora Roberts. I won't say that I totally dislike her or that I am totally in love with her. So I had been hesistant to read the Bride Quartet series because I am anal about completing a series. I must say I was pleasantly and delightfully enchanted with Vision in White.

From the prologue, I was hooked and had tears in my eyes. I am a hopeless romantic and the moment when Mac "gets it" with the camera I was done. Then as Mac takes us through that first day and capturing all aspects of the wedding, I was a bit weepy. Roberts captured every little girl's fantasy and portrayed with an adult perspective. I read this in one sitting.

The conflict of Mac with her mother made me want to smack her but then I could understand the enabling attitude. Who wouldn't do everything in the hopes your mother, who is supposed to love you, will in fact love and respect you. It's also understandable for Mac to blame herself and believe she's faulty. Which is why I believe Carter was perfect for her.

Carter is an passive enabler. He's a traditional guy who believes he should help the woman in his life simply because. I say he's a passive enabler because he enabled by being oblivious to what was happening. His personality would not have allowed him to continue to be used by Corina or not to the depth in which Mac's mother used Mac.

This is a true romance novel. I am always impressed at how Robert's heros love their heroines. The story had everything and maybe it's me but I wasn't sure until the end if Mac would admit to loving Carter. I can't wait to read Emmaline's story (I knew there was something between her and Jack after the bar scene).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vision in White.