Saly's Reviews > Cassidy's Courtship (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 864)

Cassidy's Courtship (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 864) by Sharon Mignerey

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: harlequin-silhouette, sil-intimate-moments, category-romance
Read in July, 2011

Cassidy's Courtship was a difficult one to rate since there were so many moments I just wanted to hug the heroine Brenna for all her suffering and applaud her next for carrying on.

When Cole Cassidy meets Brenna they are at the opposite side. He is prosecuting her for a bad check for a friend of his firm's owner and he doesn't like it a bit. He sees Brenna's fragility and innocence and in the end kind of saves her from signing a document that points that she committed a felony willingly. Of course as a consequence he's told to quit or be fired and he does.

A few months later, Brenna is making a living as a bar-maid and cleaning houses as well, she is still trying to come up with the money she has to pay and has lost her home and is living with her brother, but that is temporary, she is determined to get her independence back again. We find out why Brenna lost her business.

She is illiterate and can't read so mis-judged her balance. The reason is very sad actually, her father may not have been physically abusive but since she was small what she received from him was not kind words but more and more of how useless she was and how great her brother was, so that little girl lost her confidence. She left home at 15 then lost her mother and grand-mom, so has been alone now for so long and acting as if there is nothing wrong. Most of the people can't see her short-comings.

Cole comes to her work-place and she is not that happy to see him but he is persistent and sweet and helps her out, she decides to be friends with him, so they hang out but she's shy Cole can see. Brenna doesn't tell him the truth at first since she never thought they will become a thing or be serious and later it is just tougher. Cole's reaction when she tells him that she never completed high-school was a bit bad. He's a farm-boy and Brenna just seems so intelligent to him.

I loved seeing Brenna's strength and her efforts to be successful. When Cole finds out the truth he finds it hard to believe but he makes up very nicely.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cassidy's Courtship (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 864).

Books&Friends This is a book I could get into. Cole sounds like real hero material - giving up his job for Brenna.
I know I have all of Mignerery 's books so I won't have to go hunting for this one.
Thanks for the great review!

Saly Booksbestfriend I hope you enjoy it :)