Debbie's Reviews > Angels & Demons

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

F 50x66
Mar 22, 08

I liked this one better than DaVinci Code.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels & Demons.

message 1: by Kelli (new)

Kelli What is this one about? I really liked Da Vinci Code... :)

Debbie I liked this one better. It was about a plot to overthrow the pope and all the secrets in the vatican archives. It moved fast and was more exciting.

message 3: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Is this the one that was supposed to be about SL?

Debbie It takes guts to write a novel that combines an ancient secret brotherhood, the Swiss Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire, a papal conclave, mysterious ambigrams, a plot against the Vatican, a mad scientist in a wheelchair, particles of antimatter, jets that can travel 15,000 miles per hour, crafty assassins, a beautiful Italian physicist, and a Harvard professor of religious iconology. It takes talent to make that novel anything but ridiculous. Kudos to Dan Brown (Digital Fortress) for achieving the nearly impossible. Angels & Demons is a no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of a thriller--think Katherine Neville's The Eight (but cleverer) or Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum (but more accessible). (review from amazon)

message 5: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Is that a no? :D SO this isn't hte one that was rumored he was goign to write about the SL temple?

Debbie oh no. That one hasn't come out yet. It is supposed to be about the masons and I guess some of the mormons of joseph smiths time were supposed to be masons. This one is more about the catholic church and a plot to take over the pope's position and the vatican. Nothing about SL

message 7: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Still cool. I liked the first one!