Sarah's Reviews > You: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grad

You by Michael F. Roizen

Aug 04, 2011

bookshelves: non-fiction, parenting
Read from July 11 to August 04, 2011

I read this while dealing with my daughter catching some sort of virus when she was three months old that led to a series of issues up through five months and there were a number of topics it covered that were very useful at the time. Some of the sections I wish I had read before I had her so that I wouldn’t have freaked out so much as I encountered new bumps in the road of parenthood. It didn’t cover stridors which would have been VERY helpful but that’s a bit uncommon...I can’t expect it cover everything. This book does a great job of providing good detail without feeling like you’re wading through an encyclopedia. They actually mention a few other books that are similar in format that I wouldn’t mind picking up. I’m thinking the pregnancy one would have been a good one to have read when I was expecting. I don’t have my husband read very many parenting books because he gets fixated on milestones and definitives but I think I might actually have him listen to this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You.