MBR's Reviews > Addicted to You

Addicted to You by Bethany Kane

4201191
Jul 11, 2011

bookshelves: bethany-kane, swing-smexing, back-door-smexing, brooding-hero, charming-hero, commitment-phobic-hero, contemporary-romance, possessive-hero, fabulous-cover, emotional-wrangler, endearing-hero, endearing-heroine, erotica, explosive-passion, favorite-alpha-heroes, favorite-heroines, friends-to-lovers, good-for-nothing-ex-wife, grieving-hero, haunted-by-the-past-hero, hot-as-sin-hero, hottest-first-kiss, hottest-sex-scenes-ever, intense-connection-between-hh, irish-hero, larger-than-life-hero, lawyer-heroine, loner-hero, opposites-attract, one-night-stand, part-of-a-series, pregnant-heroine, shared-past, sizzling-sexual-tension, small-town-setting, tortured-hero, unforgettable-hero, widowed-hero
Recommended for: Fans of erotic contemporary romance
Read from July 10 to 11, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Addicted to You by Bethany Kane is one of those titles that I stumbled upon quite accidentally whilst hopping through Twitter. Upon seeing the cover I was tempted and seeing the "friends-to-lovers" tag scream at me, I was sold and within minutes I pushed everything else aside and loaded up with this delectable piece of erotic contemporary romance, I let myself be swept away on the heady journey filled with all sorts of body tingling moments towards Rill and Katie's happily ever after.

36 year old Rill Pierce is a brilliant, widely acclaimed writer and director who seems to have lost his way after the death of his wife Eden. Ever since the untimely demise of Eden which had shocked him with the news it had brought forth, Rill retires to the secluded town of Vulture's Canyon in Illinois where he has been holed up for the past 18 months, licking his wounds which keeps on festering rather than healing. Tortured with the thoughts of how he has failed his wife whom he had adored with his very soul, Rill is a man who seems to be drowning himself in the oblivion that drink seems to bring him when his best friend's little sister storms into his life, forcing him to face the demons that seems to hound him.

30 year old Katie Hughes is a tax attorney from Beverly Hills who quits her lucrative job because of the feelings of discontentment that seems to be lingering with her of late. Having always had a huge crush on her brother's best friend who married her best friend Eden in the end, Katie is determined that she would save Rill from the darkness that he seems to shroud himself in. But once Katie turns up to find a drunk Rill who seems to be hell bent on seducing the "Angel" that has turned up on his doorstep, there is no stopping the flood of longing that manifests itself in one of the most explosive one night stands I have come across.

Rill finds that with Katie around, his self imposed exile and attempts to keep his baser nature reined in is a lost cause as his libido awakens with a bang and continues to tempt him beyond anything he has ever experienced before. With each explosive and sizzling hot encounter after another, Katie shatters his already frayed control where she is concerned until at last Rill surrenders knowing that there is no turning away from Katie and the intense connection between them. Though mind-blowing sex is the only thing Rill thinks that he has left to offer to Katie, the consequences of their first night together forces both Katie and Rill to explore their deeper emotions, to let go of Rill's hold on a past that seems to lessen with Katie in the picture.

Addicted to You is an explosive dynamite of a read with enough sizzle to jumpstart all your nerve endings. Sensory overload is a fact and not just a mere say-so when it comes to the debut novel of the series entitled A One Night of Passion. A story that reels you in right from page one, Rill is a hero I fell immediately in love with, taking in his surly nature behind which lies a heart that is tortured by the events of his past. Katie is my favorite type of heroine; strong, nurturing where its needed and with a heart of gold that bleeds for the pain Rill finds himself in. She doesn't give up, even when Rill is his meanest, trying to drive away the woman who is a match for him in every single way. Towards the end there is a swing smexing scene that any fan of erotica ought to read. Imaginative and mind numbingly hot is all I'm saying!

Recommended for fans of erotic contemporary romance who loves the friends-to-lovers trope and a high content & variety of sensual material in their stories.

Memorable Quotes

Something swooped up from his chest to his neck until it tightened like a clawed hand on his throat. It took him a second to recognize the sensation as blinding need.

“Don’t make me wait,” he whispered, leaning over and nipping at an earlobe. “I want you so bad I think it’s cutting at me from inside out.”

Rating=4.5/5

Original review posted on MBR's Realm of Romance
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Addicted to You.

message 1: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren I have this one at my TBR, MBR. Won from the author ^^

message 2: by MBR (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR Ooh! That is great Ren because this book was pretty awesome for me! ^_^

message 3: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren 4 - 5 stars is a good sign :D. But the hero's name is a little weird for me. Never hear "Rill" name before

message 4: by MBR (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR Ren wrote: "4 - 5 stars is a good sign :D. But the hero's name is a little weird for me. Never hear "Rill" name before"

Yeah, it is a bit unusual. But he is dreamy *sigh*

message 5: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren He's Irish right? Oh, I have weakness for Irish men ^^

message 6: by MBR (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR Ren wrote: "He's Irish right? Oh, I have weakness for Irish men ^^"

Yeap, that he is!

message 7: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Jul 11, 2011 05:05AM) (new) - added it

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, MBR! A swing smexing scene, eh? You have me intrigued. ^_^

Hmm, I'm with Ren. "Rill" is a weird name. And Ren is a giveaway winning machine! ^_^

I just saw in your shelves that there is "back door smexing". Hmm... No threesomes, are there? These are the reasons I usually don't read erotica.

message 8: by MBR (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR No threesomes Jayne. I don't like them myself. You can always skip the content you don't like. Lol! And mind you, this one's off the charts hawt!

And reah Ren seems to be a giveaway machine hehe ^_^

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Maldivianbookreviewer wrote: "No threesomes Jayne. I don't like them myself. You can always skip the content you don't like. Lol! And mind you, this one's off the charts hawt!

And reah Ren seems to be a giveaway machine hehe ^_^"

Thanks for the info, MBR!

I just saw on Auntee's review for this that "back door smexing" had two meanings! LOL Literally, smexing involving a backdoor and one anal scene. Haha. I've ordered the book, even though it has the latter because I'm enticed by the former...and the swing scene! LOL Auntee had some lovely visuals in her review. Between yours, Jill's and Auntee's reviews, I was convinced to order this! ^_^

message 10: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren Aww, thanks MBR and Jayne :">. Yes, I'm the washing giveaway machine here, lol!
Hmm, I never know about back door before, but is it true back door always mean an anal scene? :/

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews I am going to have to try this one =)

message 12: by MBR (last edited Jul 11, 2011 10:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR Jayne: Yeah Auntee has some awesome pics to go with the review. Loved them.

Ren: Here I mean back-door smexing as anal sex. LOL

DiDi: I think you would like this one ;-)

message 13: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Fantastic Review MBR! I need to stop reading all your great reviews, my TBR pile keeps growing:)..lol

message 14: by MBR (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR KatLynne wrote: "Fantastic Review MBR! I need to stop reading all your great reviews, my TBR pile keeps growing:)..lol"

LOL! That's the great thing about Goodreads. You would never run out of books to read in the coming eons ;)

Auntee Great review, Maldivian--you liked that "swing" scene, huh?;)

message 16: by MBR (new) - rated it 4 stars

MBR Auntee wrote: "Great review, Maldivian--you liked that "swing" scene, huh?;)"

Thanks Auntee!