Megan's Reviews > Michal

Michal by Jill Eileen Smith

Biblical fiction is a really hard genre to write, I am sure. Many times authors will add things that couldn't possibly have happened just to help their story along, but that is not the case with Jill Eileen Smith!

Michal is one of the people in the Bible I have always known and heard about in passing, but not one I ever gave much thought to.

I read three of this author's books so far, (view spoiler), and have to say I just love the way she writes Biblical fiction - it's obvious she has done a lot of research. Her books are always true to the Bible and when something isn't clear and could go a couple of different ways she explains why she went the way she did in the notes at the end. What I love most about reading her books are that they always make me read the Biblical story again and it makes their stories stick with me, which doesn't always happen when reading the Bible, sadly.

I'm very much looking forward to reading Abigail , hopefully I will be able to soon. I recommend this to fans of Biblical fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Michal.

04/29/2013 page 145