Katy's Reviews > Villains Victorious

Villains Victorious by Martin H. Greenberg

Sep 03, 11

Recommended for: Everyone
Read from August 03 to 17, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

In (mostly) reverse order, here are the stories in this anthology:
"Death Mage - necromancy and politics make strange bedfellows
"Nina" - who will take whatever steps are necessary to be free ...
"A New Man - in which a most surprising deal is made
"The Whiteviper Scrolls" in which a young Whiteviper is outvillained.
"Doubting Thomas - in which we learn the truth about Santa Claus
"All Things Being Relative - Tanya Huff - HILARIOUS take on the Dark Queen
"The Mould of Form" - introduces us to the origins of one of the most famous piratical villains ever The Specter of Tullyfane Abbey - where Sherlock Holmes is bested by Professor Moriarty shortly after their introduction

A good book, with lots of great stories, in which the villains are ultimately victorious. Highly recommended for anyone and everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Villains Victorious.

08/03/2011 page 76
24.0% "All Things Being Relative - Tanya Huff - HILARIOUS take on the Dark Queen The Mould of Form - introduces us to the origins of one of the most famous piratical villains ever The Specter of Tullyfane Abbey - where Sherlock Holmes is bested by Professor Moriarty shortly after their introduction"
08/04/2011 page 114
36.0% "Doubting Thomas - in which we learn the truth about Santa Claus The Whiteviper Scrolls (not completed yet)-in which we learn about Vincemole Whiteviper's first elf killed" 2 comments
08/04/2011 page 126
39.0% "completion of "the Whiteviper Scrolls" in which a young Whiteviper is outvillained."
08/11/2011 page 138
43.0% "A New Man - in which a most surprising deal is made"
08/12/2011 page 173
54.0% "Souls to Take - Braunbeck tells the story of one of the last doctors performing abortions in Cincinnati, who gets entwined with a soul reaper. Sure to cause discord in any discussion!"
08/13/2011 page 188
59.0% ""Nina" - who will take whatever steps are necessary to be free ..."
08/13/2011 page 209
65.0% ""Horror Show" - asks the question: What if the monsters, through the adulation of fans, were to become real?"
08/14/2011 page 235
73.0% "Death Mage - necromancy and politics make strange bedfellows"
08/15/2011 page 265
83.0% ""King of Thorns" - when being a Master Assassin just isn't good enough "The Usurper Memos" - What could drive a king to give up his throne?"
08/15/2011 page 283
88.0% ""To Speak with Angels" - what happens with a living saint comes to Hell to speak with Lucifer?"
08/17/2011 page 320
100.0% ""Heroes and Villains" A poignant and well-written story showing that villains are just as important as heroes, and necessary."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Arlene Allen I got it...was carrying it around everywhere...and I managed to lose it. :( Keep your fingers crossed for me that it turn up, because the last story I read was the Ed Gorman one.

Katy Arlene wrote: "I got it...was carrying it around everywhere...and I managed to lose it. :( Keep your fingers crossed for me that it turn up, because the last story I read was the Ed Gorman one."

Oh, dear ... well, if you don't find it soon, you'll just have to get another copy! Once you do, the original is sure to turn up - it always happens that way to me! LOL

Arlene Allen I found it....thank goodness. In my bathroom on the sink. Don't ask me why it was there. Maybe my cat was reading it!!! :)

Katy Arlene wrote: "I found it....thank goodness. In my bathroom on the sink. Don't ask me why it was there. Maybe my cat was reading it!!! :)"

LOL - or you wandered in whilst reading in order to do something - wash your hands, brush your hair - and absent-mindedly set it down. My husband is always doing that, leaves books all over the place ... it's why we have so many duplicate copies! "Have you seen XX" "Nope" *looks around for awhile "well, guess I'll have to get another copy so I can read it ..."

A few days later, new copy in hand "Hey, look what I found!" *pulls out old copy*

Arlene Allen At leaat with your hubby it's books....mine loses his keys, wallet, glasses on a regular basis, and then oh, the drama!

Now that I finished Villians, I want to read more short stories. Any suggetions?

Katy Arlene wrote: "At leaat with your hubby it's books....mine loses his keys, wallet, glasses on a regular basis, and then oh, the drama!

Now that I finished Villians, I want to read more short stories. Any sug..."

"Eddie's Shorts" vol. 1 & 2 are free on Smashwords or Amazon.com - by M. Edward McNally - just read 'em last weekend, they're good. "The Halloween Collection" by the Indie Eclectic is also free on Smashwords; haven't read it yet, but it's next up ...

Arlene Allen I got volume 1 of "Eddie's Shorts" from amazon. I have never used Smashwords - is it compatible with Kindle? I am guess (and hoping) so.

Katy Arlene wrote: "I got volume 1 of "Eddie's Shorts" from amazon. I have never used Smashwords - is it compatible with Kindle? I am guess (and hoping) so."

Yea, you can get any kind of format from Smashwords - it's awesome :-)