Ayu Puspita Sari's Reviews > The Englor Affair

The Englor Affair by J.L. Langley

Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: adult, fiction, romance, science-fiction, glbt-lit
Read in July, 2011

This second installment got more angst and more conflict than the first. I seem to notice the pattern of Langley writings. She likes true love/love at the first time/devoted love kind of things, which is no problem with me since I'm also that hopelessly romantic sometimes. But I really wanna read when she writes her characters have any other love than the book's soulmate given to him. Maybe she would/wouldn't write it?

When in 1st book what attached me was the setting, in this book I was attached to the relationship. The setting was like our regency era, not like Regelence which was funny society and all, so it's feels like I was just reading historical romance with a sci-fi bit in it. But while in the 1st book the relationship was ultimate D/s relationship--with a very dominant alpha and slightly effeminate sub--in this book there're more dinamics because Payton wasn't as much effeminate as his brother Aiden and Si wasn't as dominant as Nate--hell, Si even scared like hell with Nate, that domeneering monster. LOL.

But before, in the 1st book, I got an impression that Pay was quite a top type like Rexley, but then in this book I found him just as a blushing virgin as his brother and hell if that wasn't cute. LOL.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Englor Affair.