Isamlq's Reviews > The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them

The Boy Book by E. Lockhart

Jul 11, 11

Read from July 10 to 11, 2011

I'd promised to hold off on reading this for one of my meh-reading days, but I just couldn't help myself and picked it up and...

... I loved it...

I'm done pretending to possess any self-control whatsoever when it comes to this series because I am most definitely starting the third one now. Why, you ask? Ruby Oliver is a little more aware of goings on in Tate. She's a little tougher, not so naive but still funny as heck. I think the first one was sufficient on it's own, but if this sequel proves anything, it's that one can never have too much of a good thing. Because a good thing, is what this is. Only sometimes I really wanted to shake her. Mostly, though, I was laughing alongside her.

Here's what I'm thinking right now:

a. I should probably get some sleep except... these characters are still running around in my head. Some, I want to hug (Noel,) while others (Kim, Jackson, Nora, Cricket, heck, even Ruby sometimes,) I want to clunk on the head with a very, very thick book.

b. And... Noel, aaawh. (But if I've gotten anything from Ruby, Dr. Z, it's not supposed to about the boy, but about knowing what you want and figuring out how to get it.)

c. I do wish she'd heed Meghan's advice about keeping her nose out of things (things involving Kim and Jackson, and even things to do with Nora.) Said feeling coming from a purely spiteful "they deserve whatever was coming their way" stance. Except Ruby, after months of therapy, time with newfound friends, and even time with her parents, had turned into more evolved type of girl and thus grown up.

The best thing about this is how real she comes across: defintely insecure and slightly neurotic. Fortunately, like I said, there are new friends, a therapist, and unconventional parents who helped along the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Book.

07/10/2011 "cant help it... must have more..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) I am so happy you love this series too! I wonder why more people haven't read it.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I'm going to have to read these. You don't give out a whole lot of 5 stars.

Isamlq Stacia ~ tuned out wrote: "I'm going to have to read these. You don't give out a whole lot of 5 stars."

Im in one of those "you make me laugh so I love you" moods... :) I hope you like them as much as I do... :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) I've been looking for funny books to add to my list, so this sounds like a good bet.