Ta§chima Cullen's Reviews > Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Jun 23, 13

bookshelves: books-i-own, 5-star-shelf
Read from January 24 to 26, 2012

You can find more reviews @BloodyBookaholic

You know how sometimes authors get a little, am, lazy on the second book of the series? It never seems to live up to the hype? Ends up kind of sucking? Yeah... (*cough*Crossed*cough*)... I know all about it and somewhere along the way you have learned this too.

I am proud to announce that Pandemonium was AMAZING, it LIVES UP TO THE HYPE, and it won't let you down at all. Such a freaking revelation. Why aren't books more like this?!

The thing that saved this book from being a downer was this: the author didn't just write a straight tale where Lena gets to the wild and then keeps growing, keeps getting strong, blah blah same thing we have read about a hundred times. There is some of this in there for sure, but it's given to us in small doses, in between larger sections that are pack full of adventure and "edge of your seat" kind of moments. This is what made the book shine. Going between the past and the present is what saved the book from being pretty slow, and instead it makes it a book worthy of being Delirium's second book.

Something I can add to this is that Delirium while it focuses on love, your first love to be specific, I thought Pandemonium focused a little bit more on hate, anger and healing. It certainly showed us a new side to Lena that we never saw before. The combination of her new life and losing Alex has made her get in touch with emotions that would have been closed up to her before, and it is very interesting to see how she manages navigates through her new life.

I couldn't leave without a note on the new male interest. He is, something else. He is not going away any time soon, and sure you might hate him at first, but believe he is going to grow on you so much. Plus those sexy scenes between him and Lena certainly helped. I swear my breath literally caught on some passages. I felt like I was there, and it was happening to me.

I think that anything more that I say will be too much, a revelation. I don't wanna spoil this story for you because it's a fantastic story. So just know this. If the book sucked, I would tell you flat out why, but it doesn't. It's pretty freaking amazing, and I can't believe I have to wait till 2013 to read the sequel. This is heart breaking, because the book is left on a HUGE cliff hanger that made you want to pull out your hair. I squealed. I really did, people looked at me weird, I kept doing this sort of crazy giggle. You had to be there.

Old Update:

The cover is here!

Cover Revealed: Pandemonium, a Delirium novel (#2) by Lauren Oliver

Isn't she lovely? Isn't it beautiful? I have to read Delirium... That's it, after Undercurrent I am reading Delirium and getting up to date with this fantastic series. I love the orange color, it also goes with the new cover.

Updated: July 19, 2011.

Okay, I just finished Delirium, and Im sorry but I can't wait till freaking 2012 for this book?! It's insanity! She is falling in love again? IT BETTER NOT BE ANOTHER GUY OR GIRL MISS LENA BECAUSE WE LOVE ALEX! OKAY? ALEX! I, I just... I fell in love with Delirium, and waiting for this sequel is torture T_T

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandemonium.

01/24/2012 page 83
01/26/2012 page 375
100.0% "I am speechless, review coming this afternoon."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathy I'm soooo jealous!!!!!!! I can't stand it! I need that book! *cry cry*

Kathy oh! and I vote he is alive and I already don't like the other guy cause nobody will be as good as Alex!!!!

Ta§chima Cullen I want to think he is alive, but I still don't know! I don't want to look up ahead, but I am so tempted...

Kathy OH!!! I know that would be SO hard. Dang your so lucky!!! :)

Jael How did you get your hands on that book?! Was it an ARC??? So jealous

Ta§chima Cullen It is... but don't worry, February is right next door and the book is soooo worth the wait!

Kathy Wow! Awesome review, now I really can't wait. Ok it's only a month until the realease so that's not so bad. I'll just have to go pre-order for my nook.

Jael Ta§chima wrote: "It is... but don't worry, February is right next door and the book is soooo worth the wait!"
Ha ha Good point!
(I wasn't even sure exactly when the release date is. Thought it was March)
Thanks for the heads up! :)

Kathy I pre-ordered it for my nook yay!!! Can't wait only 2 more weeks :)

Ta§chima Cullen Kathy wrote: "I pre-ordered it for my nook yay!!! Can't wait only 2 more weeks :)"

Woot!

Kathy OH MY GOSH!!! You were right this book is sooooo amazing and so worth the wait!

Ta§chima Cullen Kathy wrote: "OH MY GOSH!!! You were right this book is sooooo amazing and so worth the wait!"

See!? Told ya! Which was your favorite part? :D

Kathy Um I don't know the ENTIRE BOOK!!!! LOL Really though I'd have to say the end it was sooooo HUGE I'm afraid to say any more than without letting something slip LOL :D

Ta§chima Cullen True true, weren't the scenes between Lena and the new guy pretty hot?

Kathy Oh boy yeah I'm having a hard time not liking him LOL

Ta§chima Cullen At first I thought, not liking him is going to be easy... but, then I found myself liking him more and more...

Kathy I know I thought the same thing that nobody could compare to Alex but he was so shy and nervous I just couldn't help myself ;)

message 18: by Karen (new)

Karen Velez The book 2 curse with Pandemonium it's over...

Ta§chima Cullen Karen wrote: "The book 2 curse with Pandemonium it's over..."

Yes!! That's a DAMN good writer right there. I'm going to read her other book Before I Fall, everybody says it's pretty awesome and somehow I believe them.

Jennifer That was my exact thought when reading this. She didn't get lazy and just use it to stretch out the story and I loved that!

Emily Oh gosh, Crossed really let me down.
Pandemonium, on the other hand, left me speechless.

Ta§chima Cullen I think Crossed left everybody down. It wasn't very good, specially after Matched. But Pandemonium was terrific.

Emily crossed was a let down, matched was such a good book, the sequel just kind of ruined it for me. Pandemonium was amazing Lauren Oliver is such a good author, its crazy. I cant wait until the third book. Im so excited its rediculous.

message 24: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma Crossed was so much better than Matched.

Ta§chima Cullen Emma wrote: "Crossed was so much better than Matched."

This is interesting. How do you figure Crossed was better than much? I am honestly curious :)

message 26: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma I just thought that Crossed had a more interesting plot. I'm not very good at looking in depth at books in general. I just rate them on how much I enjoyed them. This is just my opinion.

Ta§chima Cullen Emma wrote: "I just thought that Crossed had a more interesting plot. I'm not very good at looking in depth at books in general. I just rate them on how much I enjoyed them. This is just my opinion."

Hey if you liked it props for you! I wish I did, I wouldn't have to be so disilutioned. I also rate books on how much I enjoy them so you don't have to worry about that. Hopefully Reached will be better.

Maria I know how you feel about waiting until March 2013 for the Third book. I just finished the second last night and I cannot take a breath yet. My heart has stopped and I am running on fumes LOL.. The ending was OMG no words to describe it but I cant breath.... I hope times goes by quickly and March will be around the corner soon.. hehehehehehe.. Great review by the way I enjoyed reading it...

dick gansey Oh my sides hurt! I burst out laughing at the Crossed part as I think that is ABSOLUTLEY true :)

message 30: by Ta§chima (last edited Mar 06, 2013 07:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ta§chima Cullen TheBookCrazyPurpleCheeta wrote: "Oh my sides hurt! I burst out laughing at the Crossed part as I think that is ABSOLUTLEY true :)"

Wait till you read Reached then... (view spoiler)

Ta§chima Cullen If only I had known what the future held for this series...

Ayesha I fell in love with the series....I spent hours fangirling..I waited A WHOLE YEAR for Requiem.....and it turned out to be THE WORST BOOK EVER !!