N.T. Embe [Against GR Censorship]'s Reviews > V.B. Rose Volume 9

V.B. Rose Volume 9 by Banri Hidaka

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: manga
Recommended to N.T. Embe by: Ine Terazue
Recommended for: People who love Bridal Fairs! Kittens! Cute, shy girls! Handsome gentlemen~ Epic women!
Read on July 10, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 6

So much major cuteness in this volume! We finally get a somewhat less dramatic and therefore more relaxing volume this time around, which is a nice thing after the build-up of the last couple of volumes! Of course, "relaxing" doesn't mean boring. Not by a long shot. As you should expect from V.B. Rose by now, there's a ton of chaos, many cute things, and some delicious scenes thrown into the mix too! This entire volume focuses mostly on the Bridal Fair that we've been building up to over a couple of volumes as well. (By the way, anyone else love how Banri Hidaka-sensei is always so good at planning ahead with things and throwing you curve balls and fun surprises?! <3 She's so amazing!) The dress that represents V.B. Rose (the store) is made during this volume, and after some horrendous mishaps, is completed to look a MILLION percent better than you expect it to! Seriously AMAZING twist, Hidaka-sensei! It was FANTASTIC!! <333

We have a lot of new elements that we're getting used to in this volume again. I am in love with how Hidaka-sensei always knows how to space things out in the plot line and when she introduces new stuff. She can make a volume action packed or full of drama! But she always knows how to level us out in the end so that the story is in constant flux, working and succeeding in achieving balance, without ever losing interest. If you read the last volume, you'll know that this next bit isn't too big a spoiler by now. Ageha and Yukari's relationship is finally steadying too, which says a lot considering how up-and-down it's been throughout the entire manga. We've finally got some success there too though! Hooray!! Not to mention, if you didn't notice from all my "KANA!! SQUEEE~~~!" status updates during this volume, we have Kana interacting a lot more with our characters now. And we get to see more and more sides of her. In fact, she's come far enough to no longer just be that person that we knew about in Yukari's past, or even the threat to the future for him or Ageha. She's become a character that has come into our circle and who even Ageha hangs out with to some extent now! It's so cool seeing someone that at first ticked me off so much, and then who seemed so menacing, become such a great... well... FRIEND! =D

I swear, the changes in this manga are ones you would never expect. None of the characters are ever set in stone. Most mangas have set character types or actions or personalities for their people. But maybe it's the fantastic style that Banri Hidaka has that makes hers different. What you see is NOT what you get. And it's not even the matter of not all of a person's past or history being revealed. It's the simple and wonderful matter of seeing characters change as they interact with those around them. Very, very, very few mangas OR animes have that. Usually you see a character and they're basically the same from start to end. Not in V.B. Rose. Uh-uh. The characters, even and ESPECIALLY the main characters, are constantly changing and growing as they meet new people and go through different things with them. Ageha is not the same person she was in Volume 1, and I know she won't be the same at the end of this series as she is now in Volume 9. The same thing goes for every character, and that's what makes this manga so easy to get into and to enjoy.

I would like to go a little off to the side though for a moment here, just to say this: We've heard about our main couple's agonies forever, but I'm still dwelling on the one mystery to top even that. Mitsu... and Tsuyu-chan. I just... don't know what to make of them. Mitsu showed some very interesting qualities in this volume that have me absolutely... baffled! The way he looks at her when she's not aware of it is... so weird! It's like he doesn't have any expression on his face whatsoever, and yet you can just tell he's thinking about something at the same time as he's studying her! But the moment she looks again, it's back to "Mitsuya-sama" and all that thoughtful pondering and quiet, steady gazing goes RIGHT out the window~! *Facepalms and sighs* What do I do?! And Tsuyu has been so good about things. She doesn't try to burden Mitsu with her feelings for him, though the entire world knows she has a thing for him. Him included. Which is why he torments her so. I just... don't... GET it! Does he NOT like her? Is here merely FASCINATED by the fact that she likes him? Plenty of other girls fawn over him! He's a good looking guy, for crying out loud! So what's up with her?! Is it because they were friends once? But I'm sure he had tons of other friends. >_< Arg! It just frustrates me endlessly! I guess this is one of those things that has to be left up to the characters to work out, because I sure as heck can't do anything for them. What use could I be if I can't even make heads or tails out of all of this? ;~; 3 I really am hoping to see more when I read the new volumes I got! I'm excited to see how this works out between them! Because both of them are such epic characters. I want to know Mitsu's feelings! And I would give SOOOO much to see a confident, incredible Tsuyu! MAN when she showed off her beading skills in this volume! It was AMAZING. This woman truly deserves the name "Artisan". *Applauds*

Getting back on topic, things are going to be a little bit... erm... weird in this next volume. Volume 10 is the last one I've read before, and then start the ones I've never read. Therefore, I know a little of what to expect. The cliffhanger this volume leaves off on does not make me pleased. And I'm pretty sure that's going to carry over into the next volume's review/status updates. But I'm going to put my best face on it and see what I can make of things anyway. *Is a born optimist* I hope you all come and join me for the next volume! Things are going to be... very weird. And maybe a little unsettling. But, we'll make it through together. <3 This is one series that's too good to miss simply because of one character I don't like. ^__^ Till then! <3
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V.B. Rose Volume 9.

07/10/2011 page 0
0.0% "It's so great to be getting so close to the end of the volumes that I've already read through! My memory always gets a little fuzzy with events that happen in series, so I'm excited to re-live this volume yet again! I know I'll love it! <3333"
07/10/2011 page 7
4.0% "Arisaka-kun looks so good with his hair pulled back like that! ^___^!! <3"
07/10/2011 page 12
6.0% "8D ......Yukari-kun and a kitty. Life is becoming more and more like paradise in this manga. XD SO. FLIPPIN. CUTE. <3 SERIOUSLY UNBELIEVABLE!"
07/10/2011 page 13
7.0% "ROFL. Random Mitsu, as always. XD <3"
07/10/2011 page 19
10.0% "o-o;;;;; ...oh, wow... even I wouldn't do that. X___x;; I'd ask my friends too. >_> Or just think about it on my own. *SIGH* OH WELL~! At least I get to see Kana more! 8D *Excited for this!!*"
07/10/2011 page 26
14.0% "*MAJOR BLUSH* AH! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! KANA-CHAN TOTALLY JUST SMILED AND CALLED AGEHA A DORK!!!! (While she wasn't looking, but still!) OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! *In complete heart-throb fangirl mode*"
07/10/2011 page 27
14.0% "Ahahahaha! XD Omg that is sooooo cute! Kana is PLAYING with her!!! GAH. I love this girl soooooo much! SHE'S SO EPIC! ...maybe it's because she reminds me of Rain. o3o ... <3"
07/10/2011 page 29
15.0% "Wow! 8D She actually gave her a gift!!! <3333333 And look at that! Ageha is even getting used to Kana's ways!! Oh wow~ I'm so envious. I want to be friends with Kana-san. 3 X3 *Unabashedly in love with that girl*"
07/10/2011 page 31
16.0% ";~; Sadly, I wasn't that impressed with the dress. 3 *Was expecting a lot more* XP"
07/10/2011 page 37
19.0% "GACK! *Spits blood* D8 ...AND THE CULPRIT IS REVEALED! DX< Curses! Evil kitty!! BAD KITTY. Though I didn't like that front part of the dress anyway so... >3>;;; I know. I'm picky. XD 3"
07/10/2011 page 40
21.0% "Oooooh... that was a cunning blow dealt by Yukari-kun to Sakura-chan~ Tsk tsk. This is gonna get him in trouuuuuble~~~"
07/10/2011 page 41
21.0% "By the way... Anyone else notice the "Major Damage. HP low." part? VIDEOGAME REFERENCE! *Immediate love!* XD"
07/10/2011 page 63
33.0% "*MAJOR BLUSH AGAIN; headdesks* GAH! THAT WAS SO CUTE! >X//D Totally was thinking it, didn't think they'd do it. They did it. Now I die happy~ Teeheehee~!"
07/10/2011 page 73
38.0% "Tsuyu-san... This girl is... so amazing. I love her too. WHY ARE THESE CHARACTERS ALL SO EPIC?! DX< GAH! My heart is being torn apart by all the people to love!!! <333333333"
07/10/2011 page 74
39.0% "*TH-THUMP* .......Oh. My. GOD!!!!!! MITSU YOU--- YOU!!!!!! *Swoons* .........why are these characters so amazing? It hurts my brain~ @W@ <3333"
07/10/2011 page 76
40.0% "XD I... love... Kana-chan. <3 Also, see! Again that quote is repeated! 8D "No jury on earth would convict me!" XDDD <3 Loooove."
07/10/2011 page 88
46.0% "As much of a dork as Sekiguchi is, I really like that line that he says here: "He that is not jealous is not in love." If more women and men were aware of this, we'd have less idiots running around the place, filling up the air with Stupid. But the line means more to me than I make it seem. *Smiles* It taught me about my own love... quite a bit. <3"
07/10/2011 page 92
48.0% "... *Actually started to tear up during this scene* ...those are the words that Aoi-san told Sekiguchi? ....wow. How... beautiful and terribly sad. *Hugs Aoi* ...you were such an amazing dad, sir. I can understand why everyone loves you. You really are... wonderful."
07/10/2011 page 95
49.0% "Wow! 8D What a beautiful picture of Ageha on the cover of Episode 51!!! She really looks gorgeous! <333"
07/10/2011 page 107
56.0% ".....that... has got to be... some pretty epic... foreshadowing. AT LEAST I HOPE IT IS! 8DDDD GOD DO I HOPE IT IS! <3"
07/10/2011 page 112
58.0% "...why is he doing that? But at the same time, the way he watches her... *Blinks* What could he be thinking? And that look on his face.... *Completely bewildered* Yet more confusion from the Mitsu/Tsuyu relationship! XD Yay!"
07/10/2011 page 113
59.0% "Heh... that look he gave her. Mitsu, you're going to give poor Tsuyu a heart attack. Though Tsuyu looks... so cute when she's sleeping~ <3"
07/10/2011 page 124
65.0% "*GASP. GASM. DIEESSSSSS* YUKARI-KUUUUUUUNNNNN~~~~! <333333333 HOT DANG IS HE PRETTY! >8D Look at that boy in a suit! <333333333333333"
07/10/2011 page 128
67.0% "So pretty, so pretty, so pretty, so pretty, so PRETTY! GAWD ARISAKA-SAN IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS WITH HIS HAIR IN A PONYTAIL!!!!! *Clutches heart! Dies again!*"
07/10/2011 page 136
71.0% "HOLY CRAP! THE DRESS! OH MY GOD THE DRESS!!!!!!!! IT'S GORGEOUS! 8DDDDDDDD BANRI HIDAKA-SENSEI, YOU. ARE. AN AMAAAAAAZING WOMAN! <333333"
07/10/2011 page 138
72.0% "OH MY GOSH! Another shot at the dress! IT'S SO PRETTY!!!! Hidaka-sensei, you really outdid yourself with this one! 8D Congratulations!! The design is BEAUTIFUL!!! <33333"
07/10/2011 page 145
76.0% "XD ...Sekiguchi kissed Yukari. *Says nothing more; just laughs*"
07/10/2011 page 151
79.0% "Heh~ I want to sleep too. <3 It'd be nice to sleep like that with the one I love. ^___^ <3 Can't wait to do that someday!!"
07/10/2011 page 178
93.0% "*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!* KANA-CHAN IS SOOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!!! *Absolutely in-love fangirling!*"
07/10/2011 page 179
93.0% "I loooove the fascinating relationship Kana has with Tsuyu-kun! <3 ^___^!!"
07/10/2011 page 184
96.0% "GACK! DDDDD8 IT'S THAT WOMAN!!! D8< HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"
07/10/2011 page 192
100.0% "Awww! Hidaka-sensei works so hard in this line of work. But I can tell it's so rewarding and amazing creating something you're going to love and be able to share with so many people. <3 I absolutely love her work too! ^___^!! Thank you for always doing such an awesome job, Hidaka-sensei! <333"

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Rain (new)

Rain Misoa ...BUT I WANT MITSU!!!!!!!!!! DX *Gets shot* ...oh no... the bastard followed me here. >_< I'll get you... ONE DAY!!!

Anyway, Yukari and this Kana girl really have me intrigued. I would like to see what's all this about. The same thing with Mitsu and Tsuyu. I want to see things that make the brain hurt! That's always fun to have! XD But... Mitsu is mine... and so is Yukari. I claimed them. And that other guy. He's mine, too! XD I no share. *Serious face* Never. Anywho!!! I cannot wait to read~ <3

N.T. Embe [Against GR Censorship] Yay! I can't wait to see what you think of all of them~! 8DDD I'm so excited! I think you'll enjoy reading about the girls too! ^___^!!

message 1: by Rain (new)

Rain Misoa Hopefully... I tend to hate women. -_-" But!!! Some women can be kickass soooooo..... YAY!!! XD

Either way, I am really looking forward to reading the entire series.