Tina's Reviews > Her Bodyguard

Her Bodyguard by Michelle Jerott

Dec 29, 11

bookshelves: faves, keeper, romance-suspense
Read from December 18 to 22, 2011 — I own a copy

I loved the writing and the plot/sub-plot so hard. The humor was a bit more subtle than I normally go for, but it really works well in this book. The descriptions of places and people was on point. Which I, of course, love. For someone with such a weak imagination like myself, it really is great when there's descriptions of things… it's one of the main hooks that pull me in a story and when it's neglected, I may as well be reading an instruction manual in Japanese.

Anyway, the pacing is decent throughout the book and really picks up at the end. There were no awkward, bored moments ever. The plot and sub-plot were so intriguing that when I did have to put the book down it was with a lot of reluctance. The characters were so great! I loved them all, but Lily was the favorite. She has a quiet, understated strength that works so well. She's also spunky, sassy, and sharp as a tack. I'd love to have her as a friend.

Matt is equally impressive, but he has a shy, self-conscious streak that I'm not a fan of. I suppose Lily's flamboyant side makes up for that though. He is awfully cute, sexy and charming but things got rocky for him during the end conflict. But he so redeems himself! Their romance was truly beautiful. Believable in the natural progression of their feelings for each other I thought.

Overall, this was a great read. The plot is intriguing, the characters endearing, the ending is sheer perfection in my eyes (even though I did need a couple tissues). So many memorable scenes and moments that take your breath away, I couldn't help but root for Lily and Matt to get their HEA. And I just love the prologue when we catch up with everyone 5 years later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Bodyguard.

12/18/2011 page 0
12/18/2011 page 9
2.0% "Re-read of one of my favorites. Love, love, love this prologue."
show 1 hidden update…