Julie's Reviews > Love the One You're With

Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin

Jul 18, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, chick-lit, romance
Read from July 10 to 16, 2011

Ellen and Andy are a newlywed couple loving life in the Big Apple. Ellen's best friend, Margo, is also her sister-in-law. Ellen and Margo are inseparable, even though Ellen's lifestyle is very different from the upscale one of her husband and sister-in-law/BFF. That is until one fateful day while Ellen is sitting in a diner and HE walks by. Is it really him? After all these years?

When Ellen's ex offers her the job of a lifetime, can she pass it up? What will her family think if she takes this job and then they find out about it? Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I have enjoyed all of Emily Giffin's books so far and this one does not disappoint either! This book focuses on entirely different characters than her previous three (some of them have overlapping characters but only for brief moments). These are stand-alone reads but it's also fun to read them "in order" to see the author's progression in her skills. I look forward to reading Heart of the Matter as this was a common phrase throughout this book. I would love to see the author write a book connecting all of her characters together too!

For those who regularly read my blog, I will warn you that this book does have strong language and very adult themes. I do enjoy reading all genres of work and wanted to put that out there for those of you who regularly read what I write in case this one isn't for you.

Happy Reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love the One You're With.

07/12/2011 page 86