Anita's Reviews > Storm's Heart

Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison

Aug 14, 2011

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, paranormal-romance, paranormal-mystery
Read in August, 2011

This is book 2 in a new paranormal romance series that is very good - I recommend giving it a shot if you are a PNR fan.

This book starts off just a couple weeks after the last one ended. It features Tricks in Chicago attempting to claim the Dark Fey throne (she's the rightful heir), dodging several assassination attempts on her way. Tiago (the Thunderbird shapeshifter from book 1) falls hard for her, helping her through the ordeal. Most of the book is an exploration of their ever-increasing sexual tension, which I thought was overdone. I would have preferred the author spent more time on the plot. I also didn't like that the author killed a character that I thought she should have let live, but I can't tell you who or how. I'm just annoyed that I can't see the why of it, and I'm venting. I would love to see a real sequel to THIS story - I want to see how Tricks and Tiago navigate running the Dark Fey government. The next book in the series skips to a romance between a different couple.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm's Heart.