Alexis-Morgan Roark's Reviews > Secrets of Paris

Secrets of Paris by Luanne Rice

Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: cheating-board-referral, cheating-hero, hero-leaves-heroine-for-ow, second-chance, paris, cheating
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Read on July 10, 2011

I had issues with this book because the cheating happened over such a long period of time. Michael is such a freaking idiot!

Do the vows not say, "For better or for worse?" The heroine lost her father to a murder-suicide less than a year ago, and her own mother was in denial about the incident itself.

I will NEVER understand infidelity no matter how authors try to make us feel sorry for the stupid as* cheating liars!!

Ok. I feel better now. Of course, one could argue, "for better or for worse," but engaging in such an incredibly intimate act-the MOST intimate act-with someone else while married is just cowardly, stupid, and wrong!!

Aside from the cheating, the immigration subplot was depressing and distracting. Lydie's friends seemed a little "touched."

Finally, the writing style was a little choppy for me. Just not my cuppa, but I can imagine it being a better read for other readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of Paris.