Emily Leathers's Reviews > Lab Rat One

Lab Rat One by Andrea K. Höst

F_50x66
Oct 30, 11

bookshelves: fiction, young-adult, sci-fi, fantasy, kindle, owned, distopian
Recommended for: anyone, especially people who like world building and stories that are hard to anticipate
Read from October 27 to 29, 2011, read count: 1

Congratulations Ms Host!

Most middle-books-in-a-trilogy seem to be the low point of the story. Book one is shiny and new, book three has a climactic conclusion to the tale, but book two just sits in the middle trying to keep everything going. Not so with Lab Rat One. The interesting twists keep coming, and we delve deeper into the world of the Muinans and their history.

There's more boy-watching in this book than the first, but it's still not *romance*. In fact, the object of the protagonist's crush is quite likely unavailable, and she spends a lot of time wishing she could suppress those feelings because they make her feel more vulnerable in a situation where she doesn't have a lot of control to start with. Quite reasonable. Also, based on my experience of the author so far, I'm assuming that by the end of the series there will turn out to be a very good, external (likely psychic) reason for this fascination to be occurring.

Thanks for another great read!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lab Rat One.