Michelle's Reviews > Liar

Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Jul 10, 11

Read in July, 2011

Liar has truly messed with my head. Being a relatively gullible reader, I believed almost everything Micah was telling me, which is silly really because one of the things she told me is that she is a liar.
Before reading Liar I knew nothing about it, besides the blurb on the back cover. I think this is a good thing because I had no idea what to expect. And once I started reading, I realised that this was not going to change!
There are so many twists in this book, and a few people have compared it to Fight Club, which I think is completely fitting.
I got hooked into Micha's reality, her so-called truths, her lies, her stories and in the end I still don't quite know what to believe, but I wanted to believe her. I wanted her version of the story to be the truth, because it felt easier that way. But as I got through the book, I realised that certain things did not add up. Her "truths" were not always accurate and her stories changed. It was almost as if she herself did not know what was the real truth and what she had created as her truth. One moment she would confess something from her past, and then the next admit that it was a lie. It became harder and harder to trust Micah and in the end I didn't know what to believe.
As frustrating as it is for me, I also really loved that I don't for sure know the truth about what happened to Zach. It kept me guessing right til the end, and even now I am still trying to piece this book together. I would definately recommend this to anyone, and I think I may even have to read it again!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liar.