Jamie's Reviews > The Big Crunch

The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman

Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: 14-16, romance, minnesota, he-said-she-said, multiple-narrators
Read in July, 2011

Pete Hautman is another of my favorite YA authors. His books are all so distinctive with so many characters. This one was a SUPER fast read that I got very emotionally inolved with I liked June's "tomorrow is easy, the long term is easy, it's the middle term that's scary." I rooted for both of them and believed their bond. The only thing that kept this from 5* is the thought that I might have an adults sense of melancholy about it, not sure how teens would react, and would love to find out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Big Crunch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin This is good to hear. I love Pete Hautman. "Godless" is undoubtedly THE BOOK that tipped me over into the YA lit universe. I've never looked back.

message 2: by Zeke (new)

Zeke I'm not familiar with Hautman but after Erin's ringing endorsement, I've got to try Godless now!

Jamie Zeke wrote: "I'm not familiar with Hautman but after Erin's ringing endorsement, I've got to try Godless now!"

I liked Sweetblood and Invisible too. The best part is, they're all so DIFFERENT.

message 4: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim They are! Someone who read, say, Invisible, Rash (my personal favorite), and Big Crunch all in a row, without knowing who wrote them, would probably be amazed to find out they were all by the same author.