Tammy's Reviews > Kiss at Your Own Risk

Jul 13, 11

bookshelves: 1st-in-series, uf, pnr
Recommended for: Lovers of PNR and UF
Read from July 10 to 12, 2011

I am so excited about this book and this author. This is the first book I've read by Stephanie Rowe and I am gonna read every single one of her books until I'm done. This was mostly PNR and of all the PNR I have read this has got to be one of the more original themes.

Lets start with the book summary:
Trinity Harpswell is a cursed Black Widow-death and mayhem are all part of the job description. If she can manage to go just one more week without accidentally killing someone, she'll break this killer curse and put her Black Widow days behind her. When sexy Blaine Underhill III shows up at her door and asks for her help rescuing his friend from the clutches of Death's evil grandma, Trinity gets pulled into a daring high stakes adventure. As Blaine and Trinity join forces to take down a series of underworld assassins, they may just learn that love is the deadliest game of all.

Trinity has been cursed her whole life but didn't know until she fell in love as a teenager for the first time. This particular curse gives her the ability to see exactly how to kill the one she loves and the insatiable urge to do it. When she loses her virginity to her highschool love then promptly throws him off the back of the bleachers her parents explain why. Going five years straight without killing is the only way to rid herself of the curse but even though she picks the most obnoxious and mean men to date she inevitably falls in love and kills. Five kills and she loses her soul.

We meet Blaine and his friends in a place hidden from the outside world. A witch has kidnapped boys to raise them in a twisted way to make them worthy of women. She tortures them, makes them do needlework, experiments on them all to breed the tendency to betray women out of them. The clever way the author has created this witch and her environment made the story so much fun. Not only is this witch demented, she is someone you learn to sympathize with.

Stephanie Rowe's characters are layered. The plot is as well when all have to make decisions that are not easy to make. The action is great and I found no stereotypes within. Loved it!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss at Your Own Risk.

07/10/2011 page 125
32.0% "This book is awesome! Wow! Smart, funny, sexy and clever!"
07/12/2011 page 250
64.0% "I highly recommend this book even before I finish it!"