Taylor's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Alexandra Monir

F 50x66
Jul 10, 11

Read from July 08 to 10, 2011 — I own a copy

Michele Windsor is forced to move away from her friends, her home, and her city when her mother dies in a tragic car accident. Moving from L.A. to New York is hard on her, especially since she's never met her grandparents whom disowned Michele's mother, Marion, when she fell in love with a man named Henry Irving. A man Michele never met, and a man her grandparents deemed "unfit." When going through her mother's things in her new room in the amazing Windsor mansion, Michele comes across the skeleton key that is a constant in her recurring dream. When she stumbles upon one of her ancestor's diarys, Michele discovers that the key has the ability to travel back through time. She goes back in time to the year the diary was written: 1910, one hundred years in the past. It's there, at a high-society Halloween party that Michele meets the boy with the dark hair and sapphire blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life...

I absolutely loved this book. The descriptions from the past, and even those from the present, were amazingly detailed and beautiful. The characters were well-developed, especially Philip (who never ceased to wow me), Lily (who never failed to make me smile), Clara (who was a sweetheart), and Michele (who somehow managed to fight through all the heartbreak and still come out in one piece).

I felt myself hurting when Michele longed to see Philip, and filled with joy when they were together. I loved it when they composed and wrote songs together. It was like magic in the making. They were a fantastic pair, and I was completely devastated when Michele heard about the 1927 tragedy while on her school trip to Newport.

When Michele journeyed to Stella's time of 1944, I learned that my guess about Phoenix Warren was correct. (view spoiler) I was extremely pleased with myself and skipped around the house chanting, "I was right! I knew it!" The "I'll Be Seeing You" song made my heart clench. Even when that strawberry blonde appeared and Michele left, I still felt a sense of peace and I hoped everything would turn out alright.

On the second to last page, Michele's thought of Oh-my-God was not even close enough to describe what I felt at that moment. I'm pretty sure I screamed and possibly even jumped around in circles. If not, then I at least let out a squeak and smiled crazily at the page.

The time travel turned out to be more of a reward than a mistake. True love, the semi-truth about Michele's father, Lily's career, and several other pieces fell into place, all caused by Michele's time travelling adventures.

All in all, I adored this book. It was full of heartbreak, happiness, sadness, and even sodade.

If only men like Philip existed in our time...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.

Quotes Taylor Liked

Alexandra Monir
“There is nothing in this life that can destroy you but yourself. Bad things happen to everyone, but when they do, you can't just fall apart and die. You have to fight back. If you don't, you're the one who loses in the end. But if you do keep going and fight back, you win.”

Alexandra Monir
“I've been numb for years, and I didn't realize it until after you appeared and - and made me feel something. Since then, these past two weeks I've been awake. Alive. Restless for you to return - and afraid that you wouldn't.”

Alexandra Monir
“You are lyricist, me a composer - you and I make a complete song.”

Alexandra Monir
I can't live in the normal world,
I'm just chasing time
I belong in that endless whirl
The place where you're mine.

Alexandra Monir
“As Michele looked around, she told herself that the next time she time traveled, she seriously had to remember to bring her digital camera.”

Alexandra Monir
“It's a wonderful feeling - you believing in me”

Alexandra Monir
“What was the point of loving when the people you loved were taken from you? When Death and Time were always looming and poised to strike, why did love exist?”

Alexandra Monir
“Why must we spend so much of our lives missing people instead of being with them?”

07/10/2011 page 250