Barbara's Reviews > Empire of Gut and Bone

Jul 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: ncbla
Read in July, 2011

In the third installment of this series, Brian and Gregory wander through a kingdom of gut and bone and one consisting of various body organs such as a heart and a liver inside a huge body. They want the Norumbegans to help them deal with an alien attack back on earth. But the Norumbegans themselves are self-absorbed and briefly preoccupied with a revolt of their own that may be coming from within or from without. As the boys try to navigate their way through this alien land, led by a stub of a ruler, their loyalty to each other is sorely tested. This is a cleverly written book that is likely to appeal to middle grade boys in particular although it was not my cup of tea. Too many characters moved in and moved out of the bizarre terrain, and it was hard to like anyone other than Brian and Gregory.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Empire of Gut and Bone.

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily M. Marvin Is the Norumbegan Quartet a contiguous series? The library I have access to only has the third book (annoying). I was wondering if I could go ahead and read it, without having to find the other two first?

Barbara I hate when I can't read the earlier books first too. You'd probably want to read them first since the book refers to things that happened before this book. You can still figure it out, but you'll have questions.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily M. Marvin (Sigh.) Thank you. I shall have to hunt down the others sometime.