Courtney's Reviews > Leaving Carolina

Leaving Carolina by Tamara Leigh

Jul 10, 2011

bookshelves: christian-contemporary-fiction
Read from July 10 to 11, 2011

Piper Pickwick, I mean Wick, left North Carolina with her mom a long time ago to forget the embarrassing secrets and teasing of the people of the small town of Pickwick. She is now engaged to be engaged to a Congressman in L.A. and is enjoying her job as a PR specialist.

Soon her past comes back at her when she decides to head back to NC to help convince her Uncle Obe not to reveal all the family secrets in his will. Once she is back in Pickwick she is dealing with all the hurt from her past, the humiliation and the new surprises that await her…like Axel Smith!!

This was a great book to read during the summer!! Such a fun story about the South and about healing relationships and moving forward!!

Piper is a great character and I’m drawn to see things work out for her. It was touching to read about her bullying and the things she went through as a teen. Most of us can probably relate to how hard the teen years are and how much that teasing can affect who you are today. I liked how Tamara shows us that you can recover from bullying and become great and respected and also forgiving and prove that God can heal all wounds!!

The plot was original and fun and Tamara is very descriptive with her characters and their thoughts which were enjoyable. I only wish at times things would have moved a bit faster, but overall I really loved reading about the Pickwicks!!

I was really inspired by this sweet story and I’ve already started reading the next book in the series about Piper’s cousin Maggie!!

Content: only 1 or 2 clean kissing scenes!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leaving Carolina.