Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Dec 10, 11

Read from December 06 to 09, 2011

Clockwork Prince Review on K-Books

*WARNING: Has Minor Clockwork Angel Spoilers!

Wow! I don't even know where to start with this review. This book was without a doubt the most emotional book I have ever read. It was an emotional roller-coaster and through half of it I was so torn and didn't really know what to feel. I was a wreck through pretty much the whole book.

Tessa escaped from the clutches of the evil Mortmain at the end of Clockwork Angel but the danger is not over yet. The Shadowhunters must find Mortmain and discover what he is doing before it is too late and with the help of the beautiful but mysterious Will and the kind-hearted Jem, Tessa finds herself torn between the best friends and no matter what happens someone's heart is bound to be broken, including her own.

I can't even think about this book without wanting to burst into tears I am so heartbroken. This book is without a doubt my favourite book of the year because no book has ever made me react the way I did to this one. I was an emotional wreck throughout the whole book. One minute I wanted to jump up and down with joy and the next I wanted to throw my kindle at the wall so I couldn't read any more of the book that was causing me torture.
So much happened throughout this book that I don't even know what to write about is as I don't want to spoil anything. This book was so fast-paced and I was just coming to terms with one shock and a twist in the story when there was another that left me reeling.

My favourite character in this series is Will. I just love him and with each book I read in this series (yea I know there's only 2) my heart just breaks more and more for him. At the end of Clockwork Angel I was so torn, I loved Will so much but he was so mean to Tessa and I didn't really understand why. You learn so much about Will throughout this book and I just wanted to jump into the book to give him a hug.
As much as I love Will I also love Jem, just not as much. Jem is such a sweetie and he thinks about everyone else before himself and I feel so bad for him. This book is very much Jem's book. He is in it a lot more than Will, yes I wanted more Will but this didn't change the fact that this was such a phenomenal book.

This is the only book that I have read that caused me to have a nervous breakdown because that is exactly what happened. At one point in the book I actually threw my kindle across the table and couldn't pick it up for hours afterwards because I hated what was happening. I just started screaming and spent around half an hour in an outrage screaming NOOO WHY?????
After that the denial kicked in with me going, No I must have read it wrong.
After me being an emotional wreck and turning into a crazy woman screaming at my kindle I finally managed to finish the book and I am a lot more calm and optimistic about Clockwork Princess. I truly believe in Cassandra and believe it will all work out in the end.

This is 100% the best book Cassandra Clare has ever written and I love The Infernal Devices so much more than The Mortal Instruments. I am so excited for Clockwork Princess.
I think Cassandra Clare is just a genius for writing these books and as much as she likes to torture her readers she is phenomenal as not every author can get a reaction like that out of me.
Best book I have ever read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

12/07/2011
30.0% "Oh Will. My heart hurts for you."
12/08/2011
40.0% "OMG WTF just happened? There are no words!" 9 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shannon I am so happy to see someone reading this and I can look at their comments.. I read this book over a week ago and it is killing me not discussing it with anyone..

Kayleigh {K-Books} OMG Shannon. Thank you for commentint I need someone to discuss with. I am just about to start Chapter 8
(view spoiler)

Shannon I am team Will all the way too.. I was so happy at that point too.. This book had me laughing crying .. I hate that I have to wait for the next book to come out.. I won an advanced copy of the book here on GR and it has been killing me not having anyone to discuss this book with..

Kayleigh {K-Books} You are so lucky. I downloaded it to my kindle yesterday morning and then rushed through my book i was reading so I could start CP straight away lol

Shannon I was lucky but I had never read any of her books so winning this made me read all of the books and now she has another fan I adore her work now..

Kayleigh {K-Books} lol i love her but unlike most people I like The Infernal Devices better than the Mortal Instruments and I love Will more than Jace.
everyone else seems to be the other way around lol

Shannon I really liked both series.. At first I loved Mortal Instruments better at least until I read Clockwork Prince and then it changed I love the Infernal Devices better but I think it is because I want to know what happens

Kayleigh {K-Books} i just love the time period of TID better and I love the characters more.

Shannon I do too it is like a piece of history and I always loved history.. Have you read Sherrilyn Kenyons books? I am reading her stuff now and I love them too due to the greek gods

Kayleigh {K-Books} No I haven't read them. Maybe I should I love mythology

Shannon add them.. I am truly shocked at how good these are..She has been moving up my ladder of fav authors she is already in my top 5. There are a lot of books to read but I have not been disappointed in one yet

Kayleigh {K-Books} I will add them =)

Shannon just by looking at the books you have read I dont think you will be disappointed either

Jennifer (random jendsmit) Kay - I'm in chapter 12 - OMG I love this book!! This has officially made me love TID more than TMI :) I love love love Will and Tessa! (view spoiler)

Kayleigh {K-Books} I'm not that far yet, haven't had time to read much but I am going to bed soon. I'm going to bed early so I can snuggle up and read. I'm on Chapter 9 i think

Jennifer (random jendsmit) I just finished this morning - I have the Kindle and the Audio Book so I finished this morning at work listening to my iPod... Holy Crap! Let me know when you finish - I absolutely love this book!

Shannon Jennifer wrote: "I just finished this morning - I have the Kindle and the Audio Book so I finished this morning at work listening to my iPod... Holy Crap! Let me know when you finish - I absolutely love this book!"

Were you upset with the events that happened??? I should state in the last few chapters????

message 19: by Jennifer (random jendsmit) (last edited Dec 08, 2011 09:00AM) (new) - added it

Jennifer (random jendsmit) YES! (view spoiler)

Geez - I love this book! What did you think of the events in the last part of the book? Were you happy with it?

Shannon No I was not happy with it at all.. I cried and was so upset I could not believe how this all turned out.. Now I am more excited to see how Cassandra handles this one..

Kayleigh {K-Books} Guys you are making me incredibly nervous to finish this book :|

Shannon no you have to finish it.. You may have a different experience then what we have had.

Kayleigh {K-Books} I'm scared to finish but I can't stop reading. I am 47% through. I think I am going to go read some more now.

Shannon go read and finish it.. You will love it.. even though I did not like the outcome I still loved the book

Kayleigh {K-Books} OMG the love I feel for Will right now

"When he saw her, he wanted to be with her; when he touched even her hand, he wanted to embrace her. He wanted to feel her against him the way he had in the attic. He wanted to know the taste of her skin and the smell of her hair. He wanted to make her laugh. He wanted to sit and listen to her talk about book until his ears fell off."

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I'll love you Will lol

Shannon lol

Jennifer (random jendsmit) Kay - I'm sure you will have the same book throwing reaction I did - but you will love the book none the less ;) Twists and Turns and Heartache - that's what makes the books so great and that's why we love them so much!! :) Let me know your progress - and I second your love for Will! I love him too :)

Shannon I love Will too. I seem to have a soft spot for the tortured soul

Kayleigh {K-Books} I just read the masquerade ball chapter.
I refuse to start another chapter tonight it's 9.34pm and I want to sleep while in my happy bubble about the balcony scene before Will says something stupid and ruins it LOL

LOVE WILL!
I have decided I officially want Will for Christmas. Please Santa? Pweety pwees?

Obsessed with Cameron OMG....I'M READING IT TOOO AND ITS AWESOME!

Kayleigh {K-Books} How far are yoy Zee? I didn't know you had read Clockwork Angel lol
I love it more than TMI

Shannon so upset.. Happy?? I knew you would love it but I am wondering if you were happy about outcome?

Kayleigh {K-Books} omg Shannon I had a nervous breakdown I threw my kindle, i screamed. I was so f-ing angry but I loved it. No book has ever got that reaction out of me before.
I am feeling optimistic about Clockwork Princess and I'm very excited to see how it ends.
I will write my review tomorrow when I've come to terms with it all lol

Shannon She is exteremly talanted at cliffhanger:)

Kayleigh {K-Books} Yes she is. (view spoiler)

Shannon I agree with you but it sucks having to get to that point

Kayleigh {K-Books} Yea it sucks waiting lol

Lesley I'm just about to start it Kay, looking forward to the total breakdown!!!

Kayleigh {K-Books} If you are like me you will have a breakdown. You can rant with me LOL
I just sat for half an hour screaming going NOOOOO LOL

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» okay, truth be told. I have freaking out here. I am half way through the book and you write messages like this Kay! I swear I'll have a heart attack soon!

Lesley Oh no, I'm only on page 97 so I'm not ranting yet. Arrgghhh Will doesn't die does he? Don't tell me!!!

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Maida wrote: "okay, truth be told. I have freaking out here. I am half way through the book and you write messages like this Kay! I swear I'll have a heart attack soon!"

Holy Sh*t! I am not done the book yet but I really hope Will doesn't die, other wise I probably will have a heart attack! Like for real....fingers crossed he doesn't!

Kayleigh {K-Books} Lol!
You are thinking it's much worse that it actually is but when you read it you will probably think it's even worse hahaha

Wendy Darling Loooved this one, too. :)

Obsessed with Cameron Will, Omg....the end broke my heart. Oh poor Will!