Sara's Reviews > Blood Promise

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011, vampires, young-adult
Read from July 09 to 11, 2011

Definitely the weakest in this series. It's making me wonder if I should continue reading until the end (2 more books). Rose has decided to drop out of school only a few months away from graduation, determined to hunt down Dimitri, and refuses to tell anyone else of her plan because they'll think it's crazy stupid (because it is).

This book really suffers from Rose's decision to leave everyone behind. There is no known character for her to converse with, and even the scenes when she's visiting Lissa's mind are lackluster. The two plots going on (Rose's in Russia, Lissa's in Montana) don't really tie together all that well, and both plots seem like filler material. Lots of characters are introduced, then disappear when the need for them is over, and Rose is beyond stupid time and time again.

There were a few interesting fight scenes and revelations throughout the book, but overall, disappointing. The tension of the previous books was missing. The characters were not as relatable. The storylines were dumb. Though I did enjoy parts of the book, there were too many times when I felt like I was slogging through the book in the hopes of it paying off in the end. Well, it didn't. The end was decent, but it set up a plot for the next book that is already making me roll my eyes.

If I do read the next book, it'll be after a long break. I need time to let the disappointment of this book evaporate. I think the author didn't quite know where to take the series after the last book ended and... well, this was the result. Sigh.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Promise.