Michelle's Reviews > The Lincoln Lawyer

The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly

Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: crime, drama
Read from May 25 to June 01, 2011

This book was top-notch. I was glad I read it before watching the movie. The movie necessarily had to abridge the story for time purposes, and I felt that the characters weren't given enough time to really grow into people I cared about. The book, on the other hand, allowed me to feel compassion, anger, and sadness over the characters and their actions. I felt very connected and enjoyed the evolution of Mickey Haller over time.

I also thought the book was incredibly suspenseful. Once I got about halfway through, I had trouble putting it down. I read the last third or so of the book in one sitting because I needed to know what happened at the end before going to sleep. I usually don't read books while there is a lot of hype surrounding them because I prefer not to let popularity cloud my judgement. However, I made an exception for this book (since I really wanted to see the movie) and I'm glad. It was NOT a disappointment and comes with my highest recommendation. I do suggestion reading the book before seeing the movie if at all possible, because it will allow you to fill in the holes in the movie due to the absence of important scenes.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lincoln Lawyer.