Tracy Smith's Reviews > Bloodletter

Bloodletter by Angel Haze

Jul 10, 2011

Read in July, 2011

Vivid crime scenes, gripping suspense, and childhood drama all come together to create "Bloodletter."

Come follow three skilled criminalists as they work with the police force to try to end the killing spree that seems to be running rampant through their town. Beginning with a rape and homicide, and moving to several gruesome murders, these three are baffled by the lack of evidence to figure out any suspects. Kelly, it seems has even more to contend with in spite of all this on her job. She must deal with flashbacks from her own past as she sees more and more on these cases, plus deal with some nut who keeps stalking her by phone and telling her little tidbits that no one technically should know about. She continues day after day trying to put the pieces together until it all finally comes out in a super surprising ending that she couldn't even see coming.

This is so much CSI come to life on the pages of a book. I thought it seemed pretty long, but the more you get into it, the more you want. The vivid crimes scenes were very well-written as long you enjoy that kind of thing, so do be prepared. I do enjoy watching CSI on TV, so I did enjoy this story. The author did a great job at keeping you in suspense and wondering the whole book through. It had a great ending, but you definitely didn't see it coming.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a mystery-combined, contemporary thriller. Definitely consider picking up your copy today!

This book was kindly provided to me by it's wonderful author for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodletter.