Joy's Reviews > All Jacked Up

All Jacked Up by Lorelei James

2711937
Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, ebooks, erotic-fiction, favorites
Read on July 10, 2011

I loved Keely's story! I'm overwhelmed I don't know where to start. Lorelie James's dedication interested me, about the men who "claim", not "tame" the wild girls. I've been intrigued with what happened in Colt and India's wedding reception because they've been mentioning it for several books now.

Keely has never grown from a 12-year-old girl in her brothers' and male cousins' eyes, even in her father's eyes, but she has come a long way from being the wild child to a responsible and passionate woman, who wants to heal people. What I loved about her character is her happiness and contentment in being where she is, she's comfortable in her own skin, very selfless and devoted when it comes to family, and isn't ashamed of her sexuality. She has a lot of layers, never backs down from a fight (I especially loved the bar fight in the previous book where she was banned indefinitely from the Twin Pines), and her innate strength as a woman.

Jack Donohue has something to prove. His perfect plan backfired (I won't go into the details) and he and Keely exchanged hurtful words, and my heart ached for them because it showed that Jack only cares about his career, like one of those corporate men in suits, faceless, nameless, stoic, greedy bastards who reach for the top without caring who gets destroyed in the process. Though he isn't really like that, he resembles them in a way that he hurt the best thing in life that happened to him. He had an amazing comeback, though.

Their relationship evolved from haters to lovers and I liked how they fell in love. They've known each other in their younger years, and I liked their smart-ass exchanges. I loved how Keely stood up for herself and I'm touched by her and AJ's friendship. Of course, there were a lot of emotional scenes here when it comes to family, and the scorching hot sex is always a guarantee. This is a favorite, the ending was a little rushed but it was great. I wished Ms James could've written about the honeymoon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Jacked Up.

07/10/2011