My Little Book World's Reviews > Ninth Key

Ninth Key by Meg Cabot

Jul 22, 11

Read from July 17 to 19, 2011

I have to say that I liked this second book in The Mediator series even more than the first. As good as the first one was, this one had an even better story line. It was more of a mystery with lots of twists and turns which gave it a better plot.

Suze is awakened by a screaming ghost of a woman one night, who gives her a message to give to someone named Red. She has no idea who Red is and is given no clues. So her investigation into finding out who this Red actually is begins. She soon discovers that a boy she danced with at a pool party is the son of who she suspects is the Red this message is to go to. As usual, things go hysterically wrong when Suze pretends she is writing an article for the school paper in order to get a meeting with the man she has determined is Red.

The Beaumont family turns out to be a little more mental and dangerous than she ever could have imagined and soon finds herself a target. Someone has secrets to keep and will do anything to keep them that way.
In the end, all it takes is a photograph for Suze to realize exactly what she has needs to do all along.

And, of course, Jesse is still around and living in her bedroom. Suze finds herself not wanting him to leave. And I can’t say I blame her. A little more Jesse would be good thing!

This is such a good series and I will be getting the 3rd book as soon as I can!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ninth Key.