Lindsay Nichols's Reviews > Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

Eon by Alison Goodman

Jul 12, 2011

bookshelves: adventure, fantasy, otherworlds, young-adult, kick-butt-girls, part-of-a-series, magical-creatures, specifically-dragons, dramatic-tension
Read from July 09 to 12, 2011 — I own a copy

Perhaps I liked this book because I really love Disney's Mulan. That, and I love Chinese and Japanese culture. Eon isn't set in any real Asian country or province, but a lot of the imagery and social ideas clearly have their roots in there. A little samurai here, a little concubine there...you get the idea.

Maybe I loved it because I'm reading a lot of books right now that are fantasy novels that are being marketed for "young adults."

Maybe I liked this book because the female lead was a kick-butt kinda girl. A kick-butt kinda girl who isn't really sure she's doing the right thing.

I think there are a whole lotta reasons I raced though Eon, really wanting to finish. The further the story went, the more I learned about the Dragoneyes, the more I learned about Eon and her double life, the more I wanted to keep reading and discover all the secrets and their answers.

Thing is, I still have a lot of unanswered questions after finishing. Hopefully they will be answered in the sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eon.