Rachel's Reviews > If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer

If I Did It by O.J. Simpson

Jul 12, 11

Read from July 09 to 11, 2011

This book was thought provoking for me in an unusual way. I was curious to know more about the situation surrounding OJ's relationship with Nichole after the Casey Anthony verdict went down. So many times we only see what the media chooses to show us. But I want to know more.
OJ's account of his relationship with Nichole, assuming it is all true, leads me to believe she might have been bi-polar. Then add in an unhealthy (drugs, drinkig, etc) lifestyle, you get pure drama (and VERY strong language). I liked hearing OJ's perspective on things like the bronco chase that I never knew much about since I was only in elementary school at the time. But what I found most disturbing was his account of what would have happened "IF" he was the one who did it. It was very realistic, and while it was not proven in criminal courts that he in fact did it, I am perplexed by his dicision to include this small if portion in the middle of his depiction of truth. Odd to say the least.
In regards to the prologues and postlogues, I am sadden to see the people surrounding the situations allowing themselves to dwell on such sadness for so long. I can understand for a time and fighting for what you believe. But, how much time is wasted in our own lives dwelling on the past? And is there something greater that we can accomplish by moving forward?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Did It.