Thomas's Reviews > It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying, and Creating a Life Worth Living

It Gets Better by Dan Savage

2018505
Aug 10, 11

bookshelves: lgbtq, nonfiction
Recommended for: Everyone, especially those who are GLBT or know someone who is
Read from August 01 to 02, 2011

The fact that this book exists makes me happy. It really does.

I know so many people who wish that there had been a book like It Gets Better when they were a teenager. Not just people who contributed to this book itself, but people I talk to in real life. Better late than never, right?

This book fulfills its purpose perfectly, as I am 100% convinced that it will, and it does, get better. While not superb in its structuring - there is a bit of redundancy and some of the stories are on the weaker side writing-wise - GLBT teenagers will easily relate to the trials and tribulations of growing up faced by the past generation.

I am forever grateful to Dan Savage and Terry Miller for editing this book and creating the inspiring and amazing It Gets Better Project. I hope one day as an adult to make a video myself and also write a book that will help the fight for GLBT rights.

*cross-posted from my blog, the quiet voice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Gets Better.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maja (The Nocturnal Library) (last edited Aug 10, 2011 11:28AM) (new)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) I'm a big fan of the It Gets Better Project and this is definitely going on my tbr. In fact, I wish i could have it translated... hmm, that's something to think about! :)

Thomas Good idea! I'm sure the project has enough supporters to make it happen. I remember one story was in Spanish (an English translation was provided too).