Nic's Reviews > Everlasting

Everlasting by Alyson Noel

Jul 22, 11

bookshelves: 2011, review-copy, read-in-2011, paranormal-romance
Read in July, 2011 — I own a copy

Favourite Quote: "The two of us refusing to look back, knowing it's better to look forward, toward the future, than to long for a past that's gone forever."

When I got asked to review this book, I said yes for one reason. I wanted to know if Ever and Damen finally do it..... uh-hum I mean find a cure of course ;)

The Immortals series and I have certainly had our ups and DOWNS but I have always been fascinated by this spellbinding world Noel has created. I remember reading the blurb for the first book and thinking this sounds good. The concept of being immortal, spending centuries fighting for love is perfect for the romantic at heart which we all know I am. And then you have magical Summerland and being able to manifest whatever your heart desired (like red tulips - although that trick gets a bit old when Damen is driving you crazy) and it adds a refreshing element to this story about out of the ordinary love.

One thing I like about Noel's writing is that plot is constantly full of surprises. No other couple has had to work as hard for a happy ending then Ever and Damen. They have had so many struggles that have provided many nail-biting-edge-of-my-seat moments. While there was still a few completely unexpected twists in Everlasting it's pace felt a little slower or maybe that is because we know a happy ending is in sight.....or is it?

A lot of my difficulty with this series has been with the character but I felt you could really see how much Ever has grown in this final installment. I swear she didn't annoy me once! In the earlier books she frustrated me with her decisions as I felt she would make mistake after mistake and never really learn from them. But she is now making smart choices. It makes me very happy to see her turn into a stronger and smarter young women. Now Damen, I felt he was disappointing. I didn't feel he had the charm and confidence and was a bit too brooding for my taste but I did like the way he will do anything to protect Ever and his unconditional love for her.

As for the romance between Ever and Damen it was very sweet. (view spoiler).

Overall, fans of The Immortals are going to love Everlasting. It is a perfect and surprising end to this popular series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everlasting.

07/13/2011 page 87
27.19% "Hmmm...." 16 comments
07/13/2011 page 168
52.5% "Still haven't.....found the cure!" 1 comment
07/14/2011 page 230
71.88% "Still haven't............." 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic This should be interesting...

message 2: by Alexa (new) - added it

Alexa lol!

message 3: by Nomes (new)

Nomes i am getting the code here ;)

message 4: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic Hehe and here I thought I was being subtle!

Daisy Chain Books Lol! Just about to start this one!

message 6: by Milly (new)

Milly I can't believe you actually stayed with this series Nic! I'm impressed! I stopped after the second book! I guess it finally happened, huh?

message 7: by Lora (new)

Lora LMAO Nic! I love all of your double entendres with this book/series.

And I agree with Milly^^ I don't know how you read through this. Are you missing chucks of your hair? ;)

message 8: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic @ Leanna - Oh I can't wait to see what you think! I thought it was okay.

@ Milly - Yes it did finally happen. I will put some spoilers in my review about that scene!

@ Lora - Well we all know that was the only reason I was reading it. But it wasn't a bad book. Ever didn't annoy me at all. She was pretty good for a change. However Damen is another story :( Probably this was the least frustrating in the series IMO (maybe because it was the last).

message 9: by Nomes (new)

Nomes thanks for giving us all the details about the *important* parts, LOL.

message 10: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic I like to give a detailed review ;)

message 11: by Lora (new)

Lora I'm glad I gave up on this series.

Great review:)

message 12: by Arlene (new)

Arlene LOL!! Thanks for the spoiler for a series I'll never read. :) Great review Nic!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Wonderful review.

message 14: by Milly (new)

Milly Congratulations on a fair and balanced review!!! No one could have done it better!

message 15: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Great review! I definitely don't plan on finishing this series, but I do love reading the reviews :)

message 16: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic @ Andrea - I wasn't either but when I got an ARC I thought why not.

@ Milly- Thanks :)

message 17: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Such a shame I couldn't love this series. But, I loved this review twinie! FINALLY! They DO IT!! HAHAHAHHHA!

message 18: by ~Tina~ (new)

message 19: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic 6 books later and FINALLY the magic happens!

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wow, you made it through that one. ^^ Congrats ;) Glad to hear they finally did the deed.

message 21: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic Thanks Jess! Thankfully it wasn't as painful as the previous installments :)

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim Love your review, and I'm sending you a medal for being able to put up with these books.

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic Goes waits by the mailbox for the medal!

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Kari (new)

Kari I gave up a LONG time ago....Most definitely NOT "doing it" and no kissing??? And through multiple books....sorry, I need action! lol

message 25: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic Kari, I like action too. LOL. I can't believe though we had to wait six books for it. But I did think the last book was good :)

message 26: by Kim (new)

Kim (view spoiler)

Audrey i'm also glad they finally "did it" but i must admit with each book i found myself liking damen less and less...was rooting for jude the whole time. loved his character and i think noel should do a spinoff!

message 28: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic @ Kim (view spoiler)

@ Audrey - I agree about Damen losing his charm in each book. Jude definitely was the most appealing :)

message 29: by Bree (new)

Bree Can I just thank you for the spoiler? This series pissed me off long before I could finish, so I really just wanted to know if they ever got it on.

message 30: by Nic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nic I am glad I was able to help. It definitely was a challenge to finish this series.

Kitten Shame that they intend on doing it in the 2nd book, but with bitch rivals and all of that crap, it gets postponed to the last book. Ironic, isn't it?