Laura's Reviews > I Heart Vegas

I Heart Vegas by Lindsey Kelk

May 28, 12

bookshelves: kindle, 2012
Read from May 17 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy

Oh Angela. I have such a love/hate relationship with the main character in this series - as I think a lot of people do. After being infuriated in the last two books, I was hesitant to read this one, but I have this need to know where the series is going.

The book was better than others, but still not the best. I'm not sure if I just forgot the secondary characters in Jenny's life from other books, or if they were just thrown into this book in the haphazard way that I felt they were. I spent the first good half of the book trying to figure out who was who, and why I couldn't seem to remember anything about the other characters in the book. I also spent the first 75% of the book infuriated with Angela and her stupid antics, but what's new....

This book picked up for me right in the middle, mostly because I just wanted to know how it was going to end. I think most of us know the next book - I Heart London is coming out soon, and I was drawn to reading the story because I wondered how Kelk was going to transition the story from Vegas to London. I was also super happy to see an old character from Hollywood show up in the later half of the book, which brightened the story for me!

I also was very proud of Alex for standing up to Angela and hopefully talking some sense into her. That interaction truly sets this book apart for me from Hollywood and Paris, because it's been a long time coming for that conversation to occur. I'm curious to see if Angela finally grows up as a character in the next book given what Alex said to her during the Vegas trip and after.

If you're a fan of the series, you've got to read this book. I wasn't nearly as upset with Angela as I was in Hollywood or Paris, but so far nothing has topped the original book.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Heart Vegas.

Ninja Neko Me too! Angela can get so annoying, I really liked the first book but Hollywood & Paris had me gritting my teeth for most parts.
Jenny's new friends are introduced in a short story called "Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week". I only found out after I finished this novel, a little "aha" moment.