Heidi's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from July 09 to 11, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: less than the others

This book is the one that I have read the least. It is hard to read about some of the trials and the terrors that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named throw on the Muggle and Magical world alike. I do love the vindication of Severus Snape. I trust Snape. I feel bad that he spent many years hating the idea that Harry should have been his son. It would have been hard to go through what he went through, but what vindication in the end. Dumbledore also I think deserves more credit than many give to him. How hard it would have been to throw in the towel and give in to your life's ambitions. He knew that power would corrupt him so he stayed away from it as much as possible.

I don't really like the epilogue. Why? It doesn't give enough information. Here you have Draco Malfoy... what happened to his family? Did they become ostracized? Does he thank Harry? How about the courtship of Harry and Ginny, or Ron and Hermione? How does the world react to the idea that students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry overthrew the Dark Lord? How does the world look at the second time that the Boy Who Lived defeated him? Is he truly gone? What about the funerals of those who perished?

I can't wait to see the movie. Only 4 more days. :)

07/09/2011 page 12
2.0% "I stayed up watching Inception. I can't face the end of the series. :( Watching Harry, Ron and Hermione go through their biggest trial yet takes some emotional stability... so I go and watch an emotionally unstable movie? Good move...Not."