Sai Kumar Dasari's Reviews > Angels & Demons

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Sep 28, 12

bookshelves: movies-and-then-books, own, favorites, covers-i-like
Read from September 23 to 28, 2012

I had already seen movie got intrigued by charachters like Camerlango,Robert,Olivetti..Even I do liked the speech of Camerlango in Conclave..I want to know more and started book.But with the book I was even fascinated with Characters of Vittoria and Morietti...I liked childhood story of Vittori and Camerlango..All credit goes to Dan Brown the way he explains the story...And "dialogues" WOW......Who is Ignorant?..The man who cannot define Lightening or The man who can not realise it's awesome power...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels & Demons.

Quotes Sai Kumar Liked

Dan Brown
“Lieutenant Chatrand: I don’t understand this omnipotent-benevolent thing.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: You are confused because the Bible describes God as an omnipotent and benevolent deity.
Lieutenant Chatrand: Exactly.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: Omnipotent-benevolent simply means that God is all-powerful and well-meaning.
Lieutenant Chatrand: I understand the concept. It’s just... there seems to be a contradiction.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: Yes. The contradiction is pain. Man’s starvation, war, sickness...
Lieutenant Chatrand: Exactly! Terrible things happen in this world. Human tragedy seems like proof that God could not possibly be both all-powerful and well-meaning. If He loves us and has the power to change our situation, He would prevent our pain, wouldn’t he?
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: Would He?
Lieutenant Chatrand: Well... if God Loves us, and He can protect us, He would have to. It seems He is either omnipotent and uncaring, or benevolent and powerless to help.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: Do you have children?
Lieutenant Chatrand: No, signore.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: Imagine you had an eight-year-old son... would you love him?
Lieutenant Chatrand: Of course.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: Would you let him skateboard?
Lieutenant Chatrand: Yeah, I guess. Sure I’d let him skateboard, but I’d tell him to be careful.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: So as this child’s father, you would give him some basic, good advice and then let him go off and make his own mistakes?
Lieutenant Chatrand: I wouldn’t run behind him and mollycoddle him if that’s what you mean.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: But what if he fell and skinned his knee?
Lieutenant Chatrand: He would learn to be more careful.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: So although you have the power to interfere and prevent your child’s pain, you would choose to show you love by letting him learn his own lessons?
Lieutenant Chatrand: Of course. Pain is part of growing up. It’s how we learn.
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca: Exactly.”

Dan Brown
“Science tells me God must exist. My mind tells me I will never understand God. And my heart tells me I am not meant to.”

Dan Brown
“But who is more ignorant? The man who cannot define lightning, or the man who does not respect its awesome power?”

09/23/2012 page 70