Angela's Reviews > Taming the Beast

Taming the Beast by Emily Maguire

Jul 12, 2011

bookshelves: couldn-t-get-enough
Read from July 10 to 12, 2011

I'm torn on how to rate this! I couldn't put it down. I was completely spell bound by the amount of disgusting violence mixed with (mostly) sexual encounters. Some of the time I was turned on, most of the time I was repulsed, and throughout I continued to shake my head, hold my breath, and finally breathe a sigh of relief when the chapter was over. I felt as obsessed with finishing it as Sarah and Daniel were with each other. It felt sick and demented, yet strangely satisfying and I HAD to go back for more. It was more compulsion than anything else. So do I say I loved it because I couldn't stop reading? Is obsession the same as love? Or do I say I was so shocked and surprised at the seemingly tasteless content that I can't possibly give it a high rating? Have you ever looked past a "deal breaker" to finish out the torrid affair? And yet I find myself almost in mourning that it's over. It consumed my life, and now it's done. I feel like an era has passed.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taming the Beast.

07/10/2011
8.0% "Truly cannot put this one down. It's both repulsive and erotic at the same time. Feeling sorry for Sarah, but then again I was a complete idiot at 14 too..."
07/11/2011
45.0% "Almost halfway done and my jaw still drops... often! Not for the feint of heart!"