Annie's Reviews > Wither

Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: couldn-t-finish, boring
Read in June, 2011

The process

I was really excited to read this book, and I even saved it to read on vacation in Punta Cana. On my fist day there I grabbed Wither and headed to the pool. Three and a half chapters later, I fell into a deep, deep sleep. I woke up about two hours later and attempted to finish chapter four. Epic failure. After that, I packed Wither away and didn't attempt to finish it until the flight home. I finally managed to almost- finish it, but not without mass effort. I'm pretty sure I spent more time trying to read this than I did trying to read The Iron Ring for World Cultures last year...that's bad. Very Bad.

The Story

If you asked me what I felt about the plot of Wither, you'd probably get some sort of unintelligible noise that sounds a lot like a Wookie on steroids. Translation: the plot was pretty drab.Normally when I read these types of books, I get really jazzed, and spaztic, and completely insane (I get....excited sometimes...) but while I read Wither, I sort of felt...sad? I don't get it either. Yeah, it was a pretty depressing world, and yeah, the MC was going through some pretty tough times but I wanted to feel something. The characters were drab, and the writing was flat. The relationship sort of sucked and I found my way yawning through it. That's pretty much what I have to say about Wither. sure, it had it's good parts but most of the time, I really just wanted to be done with it.

Ciao!s

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wither.