Scooper Speaks's Reviews > Break Out

Break Out by Nina Croft

Jul 13, 11

Read in July, 2011

Favorite Lines: “Is this some weird vampire shit? Do vampires even have sex? Everlasting Hell, don’t tell me you’re impotent.” (p. 45, e-galley)

I’ve been dreading this review. I’ve read nothing but stellar reviews and know I’m going to catch grief for not rating this $1 book higher on GoodReads. It’s not that I didn’t like the story; I didn’t love the characters.

Break Out is an erotic Star Trek meets Stargate story. Not a bad thing, right? Well, I found Ricardo to be a lazy jerk. He slowly began to reform over the course of the story. I never got over the cad who seduced her in private quarters without telling her the act might be witnessed by his crew. Skylar was a sneak who couldn’t be trusted. Sure it takes all kinds to make a well-rounded world, but I didn’t care if they found love together.

I liked the sexual tension and the pacing of the story. Unfortunately Break Out is just not a book I want to read again. It’s a novella so there isn’t time for the characters to realistically grow and the plot can only go so far leaving many things to be taken up in the next installment of the Blood Hunter series.

Buy it or Skip it: It’s less than $1, buy it and see what you think. Come back and let me know. Do you think I’m being too hard on it? Why or why not?
Scooper Speaks
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Break Out.

Alison Agree (although I probably enjoyed it a little more) the get her drunk and take advantage (which is set up as Ricos standard modus operandi) was NOT a good plot device.

Scooper Speaks Will you be reading the next book, Deadly Pursuit?