Lady*M's Reviews > Happy Snak

Happy Snak by Nicole Kimberling

Aug 14, 11

bookshelves: science-fiction
Read from August 13 to 14, 2011

Excellent, funny read, with great heroine and aliens. This is a microcosm sci-fi, so be warned: there is no Death Star or Millennium Falcon or star battles and interstellar politics here - but only one (enterprising) woman trying to find her way in a situation beyond her control. By the end of the novel, she manages to better herself (by reaching to others and starting to care), improve her business (those snacks AND alien beads (!) were simply fabulous) as well as the life of aliens (I'm sensing Wave of changes there, lol). I loved this arc when Gaia for the first time comprehends how alien the aliens truly are, only to later realize that even if they are alien - they are just as fucked up as humans. Wave was a delicious, endearing character. Entertaining with fabulous ending. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Snak.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sagajo Good huh? I don't know how she comes up with this stuff...

message 2: by Val (new)

Val Kovalin I enjoyed this one a lot even though it isn't mm. The author has a great sense of humor!

Lady*M Sagajo wrote: "Good huh? I don't know how she comes up with this stuff..."

It was great: the living ship, different aliens, their logic, floundering humans..., but Wave was my personal favorite. ^^

Lady*M Val wrote: "I enjoyed this one a lot even though it isn't mm. The author has a great sense of humor!"

Yeah, I totally didn't mind (although since Gaia sees them all as male, you can pretend that Kenjan and Oziru were m/m couple XD).

message 5: by Val (new)

Val Kovalin Oh, that's true! I hadn't thought of that. :D

Sagajo I agree that Wave won the fav character contest,he was lovely.

message 7: by Val (new)

Val Kovalin Yes, Sagajo, he or she (I'm not sure which pronoun!) was one of the best supporting characters I'd run across in science fiction in a long time.