Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions 's Reviews > Wanting

Wanting by Piper Vaughn

Jul 09, 2011

bookshelves: free, m-m
Read on July 23, 2011

Updated/changed review because the original file I read was out of order and reading the correct order my feelings changed. To see what changed you can see the comments under this review but there are spoilers in the comments.
----------------------------------------------

The writing was great and engaging and I didn't want to stop reading. The story is very enjoyable. I enjoyed the relationship between the two main characters even if (view spoiler) the relationship still developed nicely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanting.

Comments (showing 1-22)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Edina Rose I love, love, love your review, Bubbles!

message 21: by Piper (new) - added it

Piper Vaughn Thanks for the review, Bubbles!

Lauraadriana This was really good!

Lucy Wait, he didn't hit him for not answering the question, he hit him for what he said about Laurie. Even if he wasn't "with" Laurie, bragging about nearly raping someone would be reason enough, no?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions He said that after Jo had already hit him

Lucy Nope, I just read it. He was walking away, Travis yelled it and he came back and punched him.

Lucy Travis shrugged again and backed off a few steps. “Well, you can just go on wondering then.”

“Okay. If that’s how you wanna be.” Jonah turned on his heel and started walking away.

“You and Laurie, huh?” Travis called out after him. “You know I had that ass first, right? Yeah, I tore that little boy pussy up, and I made it really memorable. He ain’t never gonna forget me.”

Jonah meant to keep walking. Honestly, he did. But before the idea even registered in his brain, he was already halfway back to where Travis stood. He kept going until they were less than a foot apart, and that arrogant grin goaded him into throwing a punch that Travis never saw coming.

He felt the crunch of bone under his knuckles with almost unholy satisfaction.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Where'd you read it? I think my version was out of order cause yours his punch is more reasonable. I am not home to check mine but I wrote this right after I read it and I wad sure he punched first then the guy yelled that

Lucy Read it online from the hot summer thread. Weird

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I read the epub on my phone and I swear it had the paragraph with Jo punch him first then had laurie say that... wonder if it was just my phone, i don't have it there anymore to check... i like yours better though

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions lucy here is how the epub went:

“That’s not enough. I’d prefer a good, old-fashioned blowjob.”

Jonah rolled his eyes. “So not happening.”

He felt the crunch of bone under his knuckles with almost unholy satisfaction.

Travis stumbled back a few steps and fell to his knees, his hands flying up to clutch at his nose. “Fucking asshole!” he yelled. “I think you broke my nose!”

Or at least that’s what it sounded like, though Jonah couldn’t be sure because Travis’s voice was nasally and muffled by his palms.

“Yeah,” Jonah growled, halfway tempted to kick the bastard while he was down. “And you won’t be forgetting that anytime soon, will you? Fucker.”

Jonah turned to head back to the bonfire, but froze before he could take a step. Laurie and Marc were standing a few feet from where he stood, both wearing similar expressions of shock. Jonah smiled at them, not bothering to look back at Travis, who was cursing and muttering behind him. “Ready to go?” he asked with false cheer. “I think it’s about that time, don’t you?”

He didn’t stay to see if Marc and Laurie agreed. By the time they made it out of the woods, he was already waiting for them at the car.

Lucy Omg! No no no, I wouldn't have liked it as much. That is SO weird. Other way is much better, and makes more sense

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions yes i agree with you thats one of the main reasons i didn't like Jo was the unprovoked assault... you're way makes the broken nose seem deserved

message 8: by Pickles (new)

Pickles Oh, wow, so the epub file is out of order then? Huh. So weird. But, yeah, Jonah didn't hit Laurie until after Travis made that remark. I definitely thought it was enough to provoke him, which is why I had wondered about your comment, Bubbles, but I thought that maybe you still didn't think that was a good enough reason. I'll have to check it somehow to see if it was just a fluke in your version or if the entire epub file is messed up.

message 7: by Bubbles Hunty (last edited Jul 26, 2011 09:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions yeah i downloaded from here and did a word find for the word "nose" to get there quick and to make sure i wasn't crazy.

Yes Piper I agree he had reason to punch him. it makes me like Jo a lot more

message 6: by Pickles (new)

Pickles Okay. Maybe I'll just pull it for now, then. I am having a hard time checking it on my end.

Thanks for letting me know!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions You're welcome Harper. I know if anyone else is as picky as me it makes a big difference

message 4: by Pickles (new)

Pickles Yeah, I finally just checked it on my end and it is wrong. That sucks! I'll have to pull the file and put a note up somewhere.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Sorry Harper hope it is an easy fix... did you make the epub file your self?

message 2: by Pickles (new)

Pickles No, a friend made it for me. I don't know how to make mobis or epubs yet and I usually read mobi files, so I hadn't noticed the error because it's fine on my Kindle.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Calibre works pretty nicely. if you remove the header/footer from the pdf it would probably convert to epub pretty easily