Kenneth's Reviews > Already Gone: Why your kids will quit church and what you can do to stop it

Already Gone by Ken Ham

2009644
Jul 09, 11

Ham, Ken and Britt Beemer: Already Gone: why your kids will quit church and what you can do to stop it (ok) (166pgs) Some good insight in this book, but seems to oversimplify some problems. It seems their answer to the problem was to have answers for critics of Genesis and not much beyond that. I believe we need to have answers but the Bible is not mainly a science book. Where it teaches science we can trust it fully but it is about God, creation, man, sin, Christ as redeemer, and his return to glorify. I think that is what we need to be teaching from genesis to revelation and along side that as our main teaching we ought to address the skeptics and their doubts of the Genesis account. I believe we need to ask questions about how old our children are before attending the main church service instead of being kept apart from everyone in their own classes. How long should our children be kept from viewing baptisms, and if baptized partaking of the Lord’s Supper. I think we need to be promoting family worship where many of these questions can be dealt with in the home, something the book did seem to press for. Genesis seems to be an area where many have begun to question the authority of scripture, but lets not think it is the only one, we must beware of other areas as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Already Gone.