Lianne Burwell's Reviews > Shadow Unit 1

Shadow Unit 1 by Emma Bull

Jul 30, 11

bookshelves: thriller, short-stories, ebooks
Read in July, 2011

The concept of this series is that it is fiction/novelizations of a television series that doesn't exist. I've heard about this since it was first started, but never got around to reading it because I don't enjoy reading long works on the computer. Getting it in ebook format for my Sony Reader was a great thing, and well worth the money for getting the three volumes of 'Season 1'.

If I had to sum up Shadow Unit, it would be Criminal Minds crossed with X-Files, and maybe a bit of the series that just started, Alphas. A team of profilers track 'Gammas', people with powers who kill.

Volume one includes the first four 'episodes' of 'season one', by Emma Bull, Elizabeth Bear, Sarah Monette, and Will Shetterly, along with what they call DVD extras, that help to flesh out the characters.

Like all tv series, I'm still getting the hang of who the characters are, but I am really enjoying it so far. Hopefully 'Season 2' will be released in the not too distant future, or I may be forced to start reading them online after all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Unit 1.