Aly is so frigging bored's Reviews > Rogue Rider

Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione

Sep 23, 12

bookshelves: action, paranormal, best-book-ever, favorites
Read on September 01, 2012, read count: 1

ARC thanks to Netgalley/Grand Central Publishing
Publishing Date: November 20, 2012
Rating: +++5/5 stars
Light spoilers for those who haven't read the other books in the series

One of THOSE books

I have to tell you guys that I love everything that I’ve read from Larissa Ione, every book is better than the last. I was expecting to be so blown away by this book, but all the revelations have left me open-mouthed.

This book’s main characters are Resph and Jillian. Resph doesn’t remember who he is, doesn’t remember where he’s from, doesn’t remember if he has family… actually the only thing he DOES remember is his name. He’s been dumped in the middle of nowhere, in a snow storm, naked(and boy is he naked!). That’s exactly how our Jillian finds him and takes him in, in her home. As you can imagine this generates a host of problems and dilemmas, but most importantly, a beautiful relationship that springs up between tow very deferent people.

I have to confess that usually heroines tend to get on my nerves(my friends haven’t forgiven me from my Kate Daniels ranting yet), but Jillian I actually liked. She is tough, she survive with her mind (mostly) intact from an awful demon attack and her spirit undamaged. She’s funny, sarcastic and managed to take in a complete, intimidating stranger and finds in herself the confidence to trust another man again, even after her deplorable track record.

Resph is easy to love even if we remember what his other half did when it/he was in the front row seats. Before the breaking of his seal he was a devil-may-care playboy that went through women like through socks, so it’s amazing to see how grown up and responsible he can be. I loved to read about his and Jillian’s relationship and the way he started to make things better, trying to repair what Pestilence broke in little, tiny pieces.

Explaining perfectly all the relationships in this series

Besides the great hero and heroine this book also had an amazing supporting cast. Seeing the other characters after the Apocalypse has been averted is a little bit deconsecrating. I would say more about what the Horsepeple and their families were doing, but then I would spoil the other people’s fun.

The revelations in this book were mind boggling. I suspected them, but when they really happened I was still astounded. Larissa Ione has a way of resolving some things, while, at the same time, leaving a lot of questions behind.

All in all this was another great installment in the “Lords of Deliverance” series and I can’t wait to read another book by one of my favorite authors, Larissa Ione.

Bonus: what I really think about all those Aegi… guys(so wanted to say another noun here)

PS: Some of my favorite quotes are in the status updates :)
22 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rogue Rider.

08/27/2012 "I am jumping around the house right now! Thank you Netgalley and Grand Central Publishing" 6 comments
08/27/2012
6.0% "Because somehow he knew what appropriate was. He just didn't care.
Had he always been like that? He was kind of a dick, wasn't he?
=)))" 12 comments
08/27/2012
10.0% "Her tong slid along the seam of his lips, and okay, if she wanted to play he'd play. She thought she was stealing a kiss from an angel,thought she had the upper hand.
Never. Gripping her shoulders, he spun her into the wall and pinned her with his body. His wings flared high, draping them both in darkness. [...]
"You like it rough then, do you?[...]I can do you that way."" 5 comments
08/27/2012
41.0% "Hell hath no fury like a jealous angel with emotional instability and a mental defect."
08/27/2012
74.0% "Oooooh crap! I suspected this, but ooooooooh..."

Mariya Still jealous you spent all day with Reseph!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Le gasp! Lucky! So...if it isn't a spoiler, anything in here about a Reaver or if he might be next?

Aly is so frigging bored We know for sure he's next for more then 6 months :D

message 4: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. I too am jealous!!!!!

Aly is so frigging bored Brittany B. wrote: "I too am jealous!!!!!"

Do you like my review? :D wrote it at 5 AM after finishing the book :))

Layla Great review, Aly! How come I didn't read it so far? *shakes head* Now we only have to wait for Reaver's story. I can't wait to see the cover. I bet it's going to be hotlicious :))

Aly is so frigging bored I.m sure it will be... but in frigging autumn! Next year!!!

glad you like it :d 5am inspiration and all that :))

Layla Yep, it's coming very late. I hope we get some excerpts or that Netgalley releases it early. But I'm very excited about LI's new series :D

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Those status updates are exciting. I'm guessing the jealous angel is tangled with a person on the evil side. I'm hoping! :o) Terrific review, Aly!

Aly is so frigging bored Thank u Anna! I have some more review books that i waited forver to read, but thanks to my idiot laptop i can.t. i can.t wait to get the thing back!

Same here layla! I was so blown away that she starts a new series. she didn.t say a thing on facebook. true, netgalley will have to save us :))

Layla I know, it was a huge surprise. She was very quiet about the whole thing, the synopsis makes me think that maybe the series isn't set in the Demonica Universe. Netgalley, our only salvation :P

Aly is so frigging bored I think the same thing :) it doesn.t have a demonnica feel that synopsis :d