Mandy's Reviews > They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky: The True Story of Three Lost Boys from Sudan

They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky by Benson Deng

Apr 07, 2008

bookshelves: memoir-non-fiction, socially-conscious
Read in April, 2008

I could not put this book down! I was somewhat familiar with the Lost Boys of Sudan, but nothing could really prepare me for the childlike perspective of this book. I had to do more than one "reality check" while reading - reminding myself that these are just little kids going through these experiences! And that they are safe and many years have passed.

Despite the emotional and physical tragedy that these boys went through, their resilience is inspiring. It adds perspective to my own life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky.

05/12/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Alkurd Assignment #3. Choose one of the boy's stories and write about the dangers he faces, about how he feels. Follow his story. Summarize it in a short essay. Be sure to use actual quotes that portray his desperation.

Assignment #4. Describe two passage of things that you think are the most horrendous offenses to the boys or to others whom they describe. Write one paragraph for each. Include your thoughts about why these crimes against man are so horrendous.

Where can i get help with those? this is for a book project and its due on monday. HELP PLEASE!